07-10-2016, 04:52 PM
User Info
Received my order from Andrew (member here) yesterday, and channeled my inner Ragnar Lothbrok for my first shave with it today:  
  • Really soft soap.  Didnt know whether to scoop and lather in bowl, or load in puck and lather in bowl.  I chose the latter, and glad I did.  It seems whenever I scoop I just can't get the same consistency (with any soap), but this stuff exploded in my bowl when I added water and my puck loaded brush.
  • Scent (Tree of Life) is very good.  I thought I detected vanilla out of the puck (not gonna lie, I despise vanilla), but the sandalwood and oak moss combination came out during the lather.  It would call it a very green, clean scent.
  • Provided great cushion and slickness throughout the shave.  I usually go WTG, ATG, and XTG on my neck.  The XTG usually tells the tale, as I pull all the cream from the brush out into my hands and apply to my face (feeling the areas that need to be touched up).  This stuff has a tremendous feel in your hands.  Slick, cushion, and thickness galore.  The XTG neck area was a breeze (used a new Voskhod blade), as the soap/blade combination cut through it like butter.
  • Very rarely (at least on my face) do I feel like I could do without an aftershave (not that I ever would), but this soap delivered that.  Very, very good post shave feel.  In cleaning out the brush afterwards, I could still feel the slickness of the soap that was still in the brush.   

In conclusion, I would give this a 10/10.  It is as good, or better, than anything in my den.  The bad news is that it appears that I am going to break my oath of using what I have until I buy something new, as I am fairly certain I will be going in for some Old Norse or Citron in the very near future.  I will give some of my present soap away to make room.  Yes, it is that good.

Kudos on such a tremendous product, Andrew.  You won me over.

13 495
 07-11-2016, 08:35 AM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
Thanks for your kind words! Just as an FYI, I'm going to be making the soaps a tad harder moving forward to allow for easier loading in the tub, I've had a few folks say that they felt it was 'too soft', but rest assured this will not affect the performance at all. Really happy to hear it's working well for you.  Smile

10 233
 08-11-2016, 05:53 PM
User Info
Follow up:  placed a 2nd order for Old Norse (I scored some old formula, as Andrew is making the current ones a tad harder).  This is their barbershop take, and to my nose is very, very similar to Maggards London Barbershop (this is a very good thing for me).  I got the same outstanding shave:  easy to lather, great ingredient list, and top notch cushion, slickness, and post shave feel.  

Another home run, Andrew.  I'm a fan.   Cheers

13 495
 08-12-2016, 02:41 AM
User Info
Can't wait to get back home to a package from Viking. I also picked up some of the old formula in Old Norse, Tree of life, and Ironside. Already have the Citron. Never saw any need for a formula change and found it a great soap as it was. Andrew has an excellent product on his hands and I look forward to trying his aftershaves as well. Gonna make that my next purchase!  Thumbsup

147 3,537
 08-15-2016, 09:37 PM
User Info
I have 5 samples waiting to be... Sampled. I must got have way too many samples to go through but i am looking forward to these.

2 52