03-08-2012, 07:16 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I blame Harvey for waking up my RAD slumber. Back in November, we were talking about his extensive razor collection when he mentioned that he had a few rare razors that I may be interested in. Before I knew it, he had shipped a Gibbs "Click Pen" adjustable razor and my RAD was fully reactivated. :@

This vintage Gibbs razor has a button on the bottom (like a pen) that pops open the top cap for blade changes (the top cap is hinged on one side). Although some GIBBS models take a proprietary blade, this particular model takes standard DE blades. The Gibbs has a very substantial feel to it and the shave it delivers is outstanding.

I now also have the GIBBS Plus/Minus razor and another Gibbs adjustable that take the Gibbs proprietary blades.

[Image: GIBBs3.jpg]

[Image: GIBB2.jpg]

45 16,345
 03-08-2012, 09:09 PM
  • freddy
  • San Diego, California, U.S.A.
User Info
Nice one, Phil. It looks like it might offer a mild, rather than aggressive, shave.

2 11,211
 03-08-2012, 09:29 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
It definitely is not aggressive but it is adjustable. To me, the shave seems similar to a Progress.

45 16,345
 03-09-2012, 06:35 AM
User Info
Hmmm....that looks really interesting. I've like the Gibbs razors I've seen, but I've been put off by the need for proprietary blades.

The fact that this one doesn't need those blades makes me want to go find one. Smile

However, it may have to wait - I have an Eclipse Red RIng on the way, and I'll need time to evaluate that razor.

37 1,731
 03-09-2012, 09:15 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
LOL Yohann, is that your post on B&B wanting one?

116 3,804
 03-09-2012, 09:46 AM
User Info
Absolutely!! Thought I'd ask around and see if any of these razors are floating around ready for me to pick up.

Biggrin

EDIT: That reminds me of my 'needing no more brushes' thought ------ and then Phil posted the GB Vie-Long pics.

37 1,731