07-12-2016, 12:48 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I am always fascinated by the aftermarket sales. I see often product  of near mythical existence or recently discontinued production I didn't get around to experiencing. There are also the equivalent to unwanted Christmas presents regifted enough times the original owner finds it back in one hand and the spiked eggnog tempering comment instead of polite thankyou. No, I don't need another chromed brush and razor stand from the Mall. I do not understand the almost apologetic mention of using something two or more times. It's  like bringing Playmate of the Year to the Prom and thinking you're her first kiss. If it's NIB I check your mailing address: if you're a sheepherder in Alamagordo New Mexico  or have a Shanghai PRC address I may pause. I also feel bad for sales with repeated reductions in under 48 hours. Did the gas company send a shut off notice? Or are you salivating for one of Docs restored straights? I do. finally, this GLWYS or whatever. I don't like it. It's like 'have a nice day' or 'thankyou for your service'. Some of these treasures demand the gravitas of a Auction; polite silence with subtle body language or card to bid, perhaps the gasp of audience as the price for a Paladin enters a bidding war out of Ian Fleming. Finally, What really drives me to Homeric battle frenzy is logging on to see I utterly missed that Unicorn I've been looking for. Wasn't there a want list?

2 3,171
 07-13-2016, 09:56 AM
User Info
So, kav, what did you miss? 

=p

18 654
 07-13-2016, 10:53 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-12-2016, 12:48 PM)kav Wrote: I am always fascinated by the aftermarket sales. I see often product  of near mythical existence or recently discontinued production I didn't get around to experiencing. There are also the equivalent to unwanted Christmas presents regifted enough times the original owner finds it back in one hand and the spiked eggnog tempering comment instead of polite thankyou. No, I don't need another chromed brush and razor stand from the Mall. I do not understand the almost apologetic mention of using something two or more times. It's  like bringing Playmate of the Year to the Prom and thinking you're her first kiss. If it's NIB I check your mailing address: if you're a sheepherder in Alamagordo New Mexico  or have a Shanghai PRC address I may pause. I also feel bad for sales with repeated reductions in under 48 hours. Did the gas company send a shut off notice? Or are you salivating for one of Docs restored straights? I do. finally, this GLWYS or whatever. I don't like it. It's like 'have a nice day' or 'thankyou for your service'. Some of these treasures demand the gravitas of a Auction; polite silence with subtle body language or card to bid, perhaps the gasp of audience as the price for a Paladin enters a bidding war out of Ian Fleming. Finally, What really drives me to Homeric battle frenzy is logging on to see I utterly missed that Unicorn I've been looking for. Wasn't there a want list?

kav,

Just go to "User Settings" and check the box "BST Unicorn Alert" to be alerted when Unicorn items are listed. GLWTB

13 611
 07-13-2016, 11:21 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I didn't miss anything in particular. I see these sales and the inner magpie starts fluttering it's wings in my brain  with flights of shaving fancy beyond even my enthusiastic wish list. I mean, who doesn't want a best british straight razor with acid etched script on the blade and a peacock celluloid handle?

2 3,171