07-12-2016, 01:06 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
BullGoose Shaving just received a shipment from France and we have a few more French Shaving soaps to offer just in time for Bastille Day.

Le Savon des Volcans Shave Soap Sticks are back in stock.

In addition, we have added the following soaps from Savonniere du Bon Berger

Almond Cedar Shaving Soap in a Tub

Lavender Orange Shaving Soap in a tub

All three of these soaps are extremely slick and are favored by straight razor shavers. They also work great with a DE or Cartridge razor.
[Image: KLCBLt0.jpg][Image: t9tUc2w.jpg][Image: OZCf06x.jpg]

46 18,072
 07-12-2016, 01:47 PM
User Info
These are awesome soaps at a great price.  I bought the stick from another member here and I was so impressed with it that I was going to ask Phil if he was going to stock the tub soaps, which also have the donkey milk.  Good thing my birthday is coming up!  I'm getting one for sure.

11 966
 07-12-2016, 01:49 PM
User Info
I am assuming that the tubs are the same formula/ingredients as the stick.  Anyone who has used them feel free to chime in.  Nikos?  Claus...?

11 966
 07-12-2016, 01:59 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info

My brand loyalties extend globally; German razors, Spanish,German and American brushes, Russian blades. But when it comes to soap I am increasingly a Francophile.

'Everyone comes to Phil's in Casablanca'

2 3,171
 07-12-2016, 02:35 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(07-12-2016, 01:49 PM)surfshaver Wrote: I am assuming that the tubs are the same formula/ingredients as the stick.  Anyone who has used them feel free to chime in.  Nikos?  Claus...?

The new formulation does not have butyrospermum parkii butter in the ingredients list. This must be the only difference between the newer and the older formulation. I'm not sure about the percentage of donkey milk that each formulation has. The stick has 10%, maybe the newer formulation has more. But, the asinae lac is in the same position in both the ingredients lists, so maybe they have the same amount of donkey milk.

Gentlemen, I highly recommend these soaps! They are simply amazing. Lavande Orange is my all-time favorite! 

Post shave feeling: the best I've experienced till today.

Protection during the shave: outstanding.

The skin feels hydrated during the shave time. Also, using this soap is almost impossible to cut yourself. I've tried it with all my razors and the results were always fantastic, even with the most aggressive ones. 

I love these soaps. They are the only soaps that I would be very happy to use them exclusively.

Lavande Orange has a wonderful strong scent of lavender with a touch of orange, which becomes stronger during the passes. 

Romarin Menthe has a delightful mild scent, excellent for the summer days.

I'd like to add that the scents consist of EO only. 

I noticed that Phil offers them in excellent price. Actually, it's less expensive than we buy them in Europe. That's really nice.

Just give them a try and you won't be disappointed, there is no doubt about it.

49 1,938
 07-12-2016, 03:07 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I didn't want to say it, but I will. The shave experience that Lavande Orange offers is better than the one of Nuavia soaps. 

THIS is the ultimate shave experience you look for.

(Mic. drop)

49 1,938
 07-12-2016, 03:59 PM
User Info
Nick, that is a mic drop indeed!  I have to say I concur.  

Lavande Orange it is.

11 966
 07-12-2016, 04:09 PM
User Info
(07-12-2016, 01:59 PM)kav Wrote: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTsg9i6lvqU

My brand loyalties extend globally; German razors, Spanish,German and American brushes, Russian blades. But when it comes to soap I am increasingly a Francophile.

'Everyone comes to Phil's in Casablanca'

Kav, I'm with you on all counts, but I must say that in soaps I'm about equally enamored of the French and the Italians.

11 966
 07-12-2016, 07:08 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I am going to write a book combining aromatherapy with shaving if this cornucopia of scented soaps keeps growing.

2 3,171