07-16-2016, 02:59 PM
User Info
So I'm a minimalist that enjoys the best of the best , I recently went on a castle Forbes / Martin de Candre run and loved every minuet. Funds occasionally become very tight for my family and I always offer up my luxury items (shaving den is always the first to get offered) so along went my high end razors brushes and soaps a/s. Long story short I went to the local Wegman's to stock up on a few den items and picked up some witch hazel and Kiss my face lavender. I must say the first few shaves have been nothing but luxury. This soap is slick , holds a ton of water and is full of nice ingredients leaving my face feeling good. The scent is close to Castle Forbes and leaves me not wanting anything more in all my shaving needs. For $5 you simply cannot go wrong with this soap , there is also a cool mint scent , a very nice lime scent , and scent less offerings. Surely when my family and I are on better financial grounds I'll get back to some of my favorite gear but for now I'm happy with my KMF , thayers lemon , and my  gold dollar. Just wanted to share my thoughts on grocery store gear and how I'm still getting great shaves and enjoying myself. I hope everyone is doing well.

60 1,512
 07-16-2016, 03:03 PM
User Info
Congratulations on the good shaves with KMF and that brush-less cream has always been very good.
Best of luck with the finances. Shy

82 21,077
 07-16-2016, 03:09 PM
User Info
(07-16-2016, 03:03 PM)celestino Wrote: Congratulations on the good shaves with KMF and that brush-less cream has always been very good.
Best of luck with the finances. Shy

I do appreciate that sir , have a wonderful day.

60 1,512
 07-16-2016, 08:43 PM
User Info
Kiss My Face has been a huge help in introducing friends to trad shaving.  Available in a lot of places.  Great ingredients. Slick. Labeled brushless but a brush creates a pretty decent lather.  And it is available in several scents of which lavender is awesome.  Thanks for he post and good luck getting your feet back under you.

3 145
 07-16-2016, 08:46 PM
User Info
I have some of the Green Tea Bamboo but haven't used it to shave yet. Too afraid to step away from my main stay soaps but I have really never heard any criticisms on the performance. How much do you use for a shave? 1 or 2 pumps?

79 1,338
 07-18-2016, 09:33 AM
User Info
I was thinking about this one recently when the time came to replace a brushless product that had run out.
I went with the Pacific Shaving Company Caffeinated because it was on special -- but KMF remains on the to-try list.
Indeed, I do see it in a lot of stores.

8 915
 07-18-2016, 10:15 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
KMF Lavender has become my default travel cream. I stopped travelling with brushes after finding this stuff. And I agree, the scent of this lavender is outstanding and very similar to CF.

34 1,628
 07-19-2016, 05:38 PM
User Info
Thanks for the kind words gents, Zach I would start with three good pumps and see how your water does. I find it thirsty if you start with a damp brush and always thin the lather out a bit more while finishing with painting. I'll post some shots later in the week of my technique and lather result.

60 1,512
 07-19-2016, 06:17 PM
  • KRpdx
  • Portland, OR
User Info
I've had KMF in my den for years. Not in my regular rotation of CRSW, MW, Strop Shoppe, and Stirling; but if I'm wrestling through a shave, for whatever reason, my touch up safety net is KMF. Following a couple of passes with more expensive soap, just a half-pump unbrushed and spread around with a little water is as slick and effective as anything I've ever used. My last purchase was a 4-pack from Amazon, which was $5.50/12 oz. pump bottle, with Prime shipping. In my opinion the best cream you can get for the money (and almost all natural).

12 165
 07-19-2016, 06:36 PM
  • Mel S Meles
  • On the edge, ouch
  • 44.4899° south of the North Pole
User Info
(07-16-2016, 02:59 PM)ultra~nova Wrote: Long story short I went to the local Wegman's to stock up on a few den items and picked up some witch hazel and Kiss my face lavender. I must say the first few shaves have been nothing but luxury. This soap is slick , holds a ton of water and is full of nice ingredients leaving my face feeling good.

The “Lavender” Kiss My Face is really Lavender & Shea Butter; it is the only Kiss My Face formulation that includes shea butter in its ingredients (Celestino, take note.)

Good stuff; takes a back seat to very few shave creams and soaps, if, indeed, any.

1 1,086
 07-19-2016, 07:44 PM
User Info
(07-19-2016, 06:36 PM)Mel S Meles Wrote: The “Lavender” Kiss My Face is really Lavender & Shea Butter; it is the only Kiss My Face formulation that includes shea butter in its ingredients (Celestino, take note.)

Good stuff; takes a back seat to very few shave creams and soaps, if, indeed, any.

I had already known that. Biggrin

82 21,077
 07-19-2016, 08:19 PM
User Info
I gave this cream to my girlfriend a while ago and she really likes it, plus the label is a great reminder Smile 
I keep the unscented version in my den and use it for progressively introducing new soaps to my reactive skin.

Good luck with your finances; I believe they tend to work out best for those who adapt more quickly and you are obviously doing a good job.

8 1,126
 07-20-2016, 04:17 AM
User Info
(07-19-2016, 08:19 PM)lloydrm Wrote: I gave this cream to my girlfriend a while ago and she really likes it, plus the label is a great reminder Smile 
I keep the unscented version in my den and use it for progressively introducing new soaps to my reactive skin.

Good luck with your finances; I believe they tend to work out best for those who adapt more quickly and you are obviously doing a good job.

Thank you , I appreciate your kind words.

60 1,512
 07-31-2016, 03:01 PM
User Info
KMF lathers like a champ with any type of shaving brush also!!!!!  One small squirt(approx. almond sized) makes enough lather for a 3 plus pass shave.

4 32
 07-31-2016, 03:21 PM
User Info
Agree , I been meaning to take some photos for gents that are interested to see the lather before they try it. I must admit I get a bit side tracked these days  with all I have going on but take my word for it gents this stuff is slick and luxurious.

60 1,512
 08-09-2016, 05:46 AM
User Info