Poll: What Wolfman head do you prefer?
Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
 07-17-2016, 05:13 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
I'm doing a little research on the various Wolfman heads (coming from a BBS-1) and would like to know what everyone is liking best.

Cheers,
Eric

48 976
 07-17-2016, 05:22 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
Solid bar for me.
Tried SB standard, 0,67 gap and 0,74 gap (depending on the day standard and 0,74 are my favorites)
Tried OC standard and 0,67 gap (still have the standard)
Tried DC 0,67 gap and didn't really care for that gap that much compared to the others. DC is not for me, after a few days if I didn't look I could not tell what side I was using so I don't see the point. YMMV.
btw traded my BBS-1 very recently with a great gentlemen here on the forum that needed a backup. Also a great razor in his own right.

28 1,442
 07-17-2016, 05:23 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
Thank you, Snuff.  That is great input, especially from someone who has had the BBS-1 and all the Wolfman heads!  Cheers!

Eric

48 976
 07-17-2016, 05:31 AM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
 07-17-2016, 05:37 AM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
I achieve equally good results with both the OC and SB.
I usually prefer OC, but I've really been enjoying SB lately.
I'm not a fan of the dual, I'm much happier with one or the other.
The choice of metal is where I notice the most difference, especially in terms of comfort. I really enjoy the lighter weight options supplied by James, such as Aluminium and Ti.

99 18,011
 07-18-2016, 05:00 AM
User Info
I have been lucky enough to try all 3 heads at the standard gap along with the BBS-1..All are just excellent shaving tools!! Of the Wolfman's I'm partial to the DC & OC, in the SB variety I ended up keeping the BBS-1..With the DC being my razor head of choice, I really like having the best of both worlds right there on the end of the handle...I notice alot of people don't like the DC, because they can't tell the difference without looking, I think that that is amazing, that both sides OC & SB can shave the same on one razor.. just amazes me, and confirms how well the razors have been thought out and executed.. Used it(DC) last night, having not shaved in 3 days due to camping... 2 pass perfection!!

16 215
 07-18-2016, 06:10 AM
  • BobH
  • Thunder Bay Canada
User Info
I generally prefer OC over SB razors and like then on the aggressive side so ordered the WR1-OC with a 0.74 blade gap. I like it enough that I have no urge to try another type of head.

Bob

0 1,694
 07-18-2016, 07:38 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
I put all my shaving goods into rotation every shave. The DC fits that theme for me and has served me well. If you like to change matters up a bit during a shave, then the DC might suit your tastes as well.

13 611
 07-18-2016, 08:05 AM
User Info
Oc first pass to now everything down, 
Sb to finish it off

DC for the win!!

28 779
 07-18-2016, 02:07 PM
User Info
I own both, and both are excellent. However the OC gets far more use.  IMHO there is no wrong or better choice between the two.

0 29
 07-18-2016, 03:19 PM
User Info
I've used standard gap and .74, both open comb (that's what I usually prefer). I use the standard more often than than the larger gap, but both are smooth for me. I've read and been told by many the open comb feels remarkably similar and as smooth as the safety bar. I've also read and been told the safety bar is fussier than the open comb as far as blade selection.

7 326