07-17-2016, 07:01 AM
User Info
Ok Guys need to hear some input from the guys that use synthetic brushes, I know there are some that for ethical or other reason choose not to use badger, boar and possibly horse hair brushes and thats fine I am looking for performance info regarding synthetic over boar and badger.

I currently own lots of brushes and about 70% of them are badger, 25% boar and only 5% horse, I do not own any synthetic brushes and as I said I have lots of brushes and my brush collection is coming to an end and was thinking about getting at least one synthetic brush or possibly two is they perform well.

My name came up for my brush from Peter at WW and these are the synthetic's he has so looking for info to how they compare to what I have, my size and shape preference is 22-24MM and 48-54MM loft bulb shape, I bowl lather 99% of the time but do like a good face lather now and again, I also primarily use soaps and not creams or croaps but do have a few, I like a brush to have some backbone for those hard soaps.

Here are his choices on synthetics, I believe I list all what he currently offers

24mm Black Wolf Synthetic bulb knots

22mm Evolution Synthetic bulb

TGN 22mm synthetic

22mm Original Ubersoft synthetic bulb

24mm Evolution Synthetic

TGN 24mm synthetic

24mm Original Ubersoft synthetic bulb

6 1,260
 07-17-2016, 08:11 AM
User Info

26 986
 07-17-2016, 10:23 AM
User Info
I can highly recommend the Evolution 24mm, maybe just ask for a bit lower loft than he may usually do.

79 1,297
 07-17-2016, 12:51 PM
User Info
I just got an email from Peter also, think I'm leaning towards the Black Wolf knot or the Super Plush knot myself... decisions..

0 74