07-31-2012, 06:55 AM
User Info
[Image: 34pc31i.jpg]

Dont know much about it other than it is old and from England.

It is in fairly good condition. Definitely not shave ready, so I will have to learn how to hone it...or do you suggest that I get it done professionally? If so who/where is best?

I plan on taking it completely apart to polish it. The scales are pretty warped as you can see by the last pic. The blade hits the side when closing. I have read on here that you can soak them in hot water and under some weights...not too sure on how well that will work. Should I just get replacement scales? Has anyone tried Hart scales on a non Hart blade? Is the hole for the pin larger on Heart blades?
[Image: 33nuh3o.jpg]
[Image: 3hgtg.jpg]
[Image: vnnyip.jpg]

2 65
 07-31-2012, 06:57 AM
User Info
I don't know anything about straights, but it LOOKS great! Wink

6 135
 07-31-2012, 07:41 AM
User Info
I have one just like yours. Only difference mine is NOS.

Jamie.

[Image: 002-11.jpg]
[Image: 001-12.jpg]

5 1,805
 07-31-2012, 08:09 AM
User Info
Wow! That is an amazing specimen.

I can only hope to restore it to that glory.

2 65
 07-31-2012, 08:28 AM
User Info
I highly recommend you send it to someone for honing. Notice the rust in the edge. That will need to be removed and carefully evaluated to determine exactly how much of the edge needs to go.

I call that service an edge repair because of the extra work and tools required. Vintage razors in need of rescue do not normally need a honing, they usual need some surgery. So to speak.

You don't have to unpin it. And I actually would caution you against doing so as you can damage it during the pinning/unpinning process. Plus, if the pins are original, you will permanently lose them.

But if there is some bad rust in the pivot point, a de-pinning may be required. Another reason to depin is to enable the use of a tumbler or to aid in polishing.

Up to you, there's no right or wrong way.

The blade is not that bad. You should be able to get it very shiny with about 3 hours in front of the TV polishing it by hand with MAAS.

9 2,988
 08-01-2012, 08:58 AM
User Info
Wow, that is a very nice razor.

75 20,883
 09-15-2012, 03:59 PM
User Info
That is a beautiful razor, just looks like a mirror quite a gem to have.

39 694