07-19-2016, 01:16 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
Just a thought I had...would it make sense to have a separate forum for trading, instead of having a "Selling & Trading" forum that combines both options?  

I'll be honest, I RARELY have any interest in trading, and to me (you could even say selfishly  Tongue ) it makes sense to have separate forums as a way for those that are not interested in trading (or purchasing) to filter out those types of threads.  This is certainly my own perspective and the majority may very well disagree with me.  I just wanted to put my thoughts out there in case Phil and team are open to this idea, and other members like it. 

I know some threads will list post both options...a purchase price and trade options.  In this case those can be listed in the Sales forum (or both?) since there would be a payment option.  But listings with only trade options can stay in the Trade forum.  

My apologies in advance if this has already been discussed and shot down  Biggrin

34 1,628
 07-19-2016, 01:57 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I personally like the present arrangement. It's like the bazaar in a old Film Noir replete with German agents in white linen and people walking up in the crowd avoiding eye contact while whispering ' A mutual friend says you seek a Darwin. My cousin  Akhmed the camel trader just arrived from the annual salt caravanserai with one he found in a Antiochian  monastery in the desert'.

2 3,171
 07-19-2016, 03:00 PM
User Info
I agree with the OP. I also barely trade and most of the time only interested in sale threads. Similar to having a WTB sub-forum, a WTT forum would keep things more organized

8 755
 07-19-2016, 08:32 PM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
(07-19-2016, 01:57 PM)kav Wrote: I personally like the present arrangement. It's like the bazaar in a old Film Noir replete with German agents in white linen and people walking up in the crowd avoiding eye contact while whispering ' A mutual friend says you seek a Darwin. My cousin  Akhmed the camel trader just arrived from the annual salt caravanserai with one he found in a Antiochian  monastery in the desert'.

I can always count on not recognizing at least two words in your posts.  Biggrin

But I agree, I tend to like seeing both in the same spot - not that I ever have anything to offer in trade.

10 227
 07-19-2016, 09:29 PM
  • Mr_Smartepants
  • Cambridgeshire, UK (CONUS post address)
User Info
Disagree.  I like things as they are.  I like to have the option of "I'm selling 'XYZ' for $ but I'll consider trades for 'ABC'."

47 1,865
 07-20-2016, 06:04 AM
User Info
(07-19-2016, 09:29 PM)Mr_Smartepants Wrote: Disagree.  I like things as they are.  I like to have the option of "I'm selling 'XYZ' for $ but I'll consider trades for 'ABC'."

I believe the OP is in agreement to this. What I think he is proposing is that trade only topics should be listed in a separate forum. But topics for sale/trade should remain in the current forum

8 755
 07-20-2016, 06:27 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Sometimes I reread  posts and have to double check the old,pre digital, two volume Oxford dictionary with magnifying glass myself.
You've perhaps encountered the term 'stream of consciousness'? The Kav often scribbles 'stream of unconsciousness; before I get
his morning English breakfast tea or Kona coffee down him- Pyewacket

2 3,171
 07-20-2016, 07:04 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I believe we tried having trades in a separate section and did not like it. Part of the issue was that people looking for trades ended up getting a lot less eyeballs on their threads and it made it much more difficult to trade.

45 17,482
 07-20-2016, 11:01 AM
User Info
Speaking as a member - not as a moderator - I like having it all in one place.

3 4,087
 07-20-2016, 11:28 AM
User Info
I don't think there's all that many wtt ads to the point it clutters anything? In all honesty though I'm normally sifting through the latest feature and surfing the forum that way

24 715
 07-20-2016, 03:54 PM
User Info
The best, finest, most civil BST forum remaining in the world of shavedom is here. Keep it like it is forever where the gentlemen of the forum make it that way...(with a little help from the Mods of course)

19 773
 07-20-2016, 04:57 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(07-20-2016, 07:04 AM)bullgoose Wrote: I believe we tried having trades in a separate section and did not like it. Part of the issue was that people looking for trades ended up getting a lot less eyeballs on their threads and it made it much more difficult to trade.

Thank you Phil! I had a feeling this might have come up in the past.

And thank you gentlemen for your feedback...clearly I am in the minority here...just wanted to throw the idea out there Blush

34 1,628