07-20-2016, 07:31 AM
  • v4257
  • Always chasing the perfect shave
  • Boston, USA
User Info
OK it's carts - but it's amazing how far they've come from those early DIY youtube ads!
http://nyti.ms/29Vl0S9

17 535
 07-20-2016, 04:13 PM
User Info
(07-20-2016, 07:31 AM)v4257 Wrote: OK it's carts - but it's amazing how far they've come from those early DIY youtube ads!
http://nyti.ms/29Vl0S9

I always meant to try them before I got into DE shaving. I used Harry's and really wasn't impressed at all. I would butcher my face more so with those razor blades than with my $5/cart Fusion blades. I would only get maybe 3 good shaves out of the Harry's carts too. Obviously DSC must be better or else they just got in on the ground floor.

0 81
 07-20-2016, 04:20 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
What exactly IS a billion dollars, or for that matter just one? It's abstraction to value and exchange material goods. It's like judging one's prepotence with the ephemeral measurement of inches. By this abstract value the product is vastly superior to a Wolfman loaded with a Polsilver.
NOT

2 3,171
 07-21-2016, 02:01 AM
User Info
The funny thing is that Unilever - the company that bought them - is behind many of the low cost, low quality no-brand / store-brand / private labels you find in grocery stores and super markets in Norway... I would think at least twice before I picked up a razor, a shaving cream or an aftershave made or distributed by those guys...

3 4,479
 07-28-2016, 07:08 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
(07-20-2016, 04:13 PM)Trumble88 Wrote: I used Harry's and really wasn't impressed at all.
Same here. Tried Harry's razor as my first device when I made my re-entrance to wet shaving 8+ months ago. A thoroughly forgettable experience which propelled me, at full throttle, into classical wet shaving.

0 363
 07-28-2016, 07:51 AM
User Info
Have to say my experience was quite similar -- I got fed up with paying the idiot tax to Gillette like I had done for 30 years, tried Harry's, found it to be an inferior product, then walked into my local Art of Shaving boutique, bought a Muhle R89, got a tube or Proraso Red, and the rest is history.

That said, DSC is a genius marketing concept.  

For those of you who may not know, the razors DSC sells are made by Dorco, the Korean razor company.  Some experienced wetshavers say their cheap delrin DE razor -- which you can get for $3.50 at Razor Emporium -- is actually a very good razor.  OTOH their DE blades are not generally considered among the first order.

If youre interested, you can buy Dorco carts direct at Dorcousa.com without having to subscribe to a plan.  And they're cheaper there too!

11 973