07-21-2016, 06:03 AM
User Info
Since November of last year the USPS has lost Medicare and Social Security forms I've mailed back to the state, lost a shaving brush I shipped back to the factory overseas, and now has lost a shipment of shaving soap from a local Los Angeles vendor, which has ended up in Oregon instead of West Los Angeles. USPS First-Class service has always been a joke, and now the folly has extended to Priority shipping and its more-often-than-not useless tracking feature. There have been further problems with non-delivery of mail as well as fake notices of "we left a notice at your box because you weren't home to accept delivery," when of course I was home and there was no notice left. But you get the idea. Bottom line: When I'm waiting for a delivery these days from a vendor using USPS, it's really a crapshoot if the product will ever be delivered.

29 1,776
 07-21-2016, 06:57 AM
User Info
wow, that stinks.  I moved to rural Oregon 11 years ago and to a smaller town with a lot less hassles.  I buy and send so much stuff I would be frantic without the usps.  wish I had an answer for you.  good luck man

73 1,263
 07-21-2016, 07:14 AM
User Info
I've shipped hundreds of packages via USPS and they've all arrived so far. However, USPS has completely dropped the ball with regards to package pickup. They don't come to pick up packages on the day it was scheduled anymore and then they show up a day or two later surprised that I took it in myself because my customers can't just wait around.

0 613
 07-21-2016, 07:44 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
Write your local Postmaster as this sounds like it might be internal. It's a serious issue and crime if a postal employee(s) is pilfering your shaving goods or borrowing your personal information. And, it does happen. An investigation will ensue and since it's a Federal matter, the punishment is severe should it be internal. By severe, I mean they come heavily armed and haul your butt away.

12 607
 07-21-2016, 07:57 AM
User Info
I've filed complaints at the local level to no avail, so guess it's time to kick it up a notch. If a vendor offers other shipping options then I'll opt for that, but not all of them do. Any shipping on my part from now on will not be through USPS.

29 1,776
 07-21-2016, 08:06 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
I pass on several UK EBAY auctions because they insist on a horribly expensive insured shipping fee pushed by UKEBAY. I did it once. The 'insurance' covers Royal Mail only to Heathrow and then it's on a cargo plane bound for NYC and the USPS without tracking. I just waited two weeks for an inexpensive book from back east. They used DHL and every stage took 2-3 days according to the online tracking until- SUPRISE! passed on to the USPS. Meanwhile, I'm getting emails from the seller upset they haven't received feedback. I explain the book is in Texas after 10 days and suggest they find a another shipping service, as DHL seems ashamed of WW2 blitzkrieg tactics. Yesterday a clerk transposed zip codes at the last minute and my package, here locally for delivery was sent to Encino in the San Fernando Valley minutes away from going on my mail carrier's van. it's back with corrected data to match the package nobody looked at and due for delivery today. It's a new translation of MEDITATIONS by Marcus Aurelius; roman emperor on STOICISM.

2 3,171
 07-21-2016, 08:06 AM
  • Entasis
  • Atop the Razor's Edge
  • Southern California
User Info
(07-21-2016, 07:57 AM)rsp1202 Wrote: I've filed complaints at the local level to no avail, so guess it's time to kick it up a notch. If a vendor offers other shipping options then I'll opt for that, but not all of them do. Any shipping on my part from now on will not be through USPS.

Write the Postmaster General. Your concerns will be logged and acted upon.

12 607
 07-21-2016, 08:15 AM
User Info
I've dealt with my share with the USPS. Mainly not delivering but saying they tried. Would never even step foot on my street. Nice neighborhood and all, just lazy. I raised enough hell over time that we now have a new postal carrier and they placed a Barcode on my box making it a managed box. Carrier has to scan it everyday to prove they were on street and the time. No issues since!

147 3,464
 07-21-2016, 08:50 AM
User Info
A managed box: I like the idea. I will be reaching out to the Postmaster General also.
My shaving soap package is currently in Portland, the vendor and I are both in West L.A. [insert joke here]
He's willing to replace it but says to first wait and see if the original gets shipped back here. Hmm, what are the odds . . . ?

29 1,776
 07-21-2016, 01:54 PM
User Info
(07-21-2016, 08:50 AM)rsp1202 Wrote: A managed box: I like the idea. I will be reaching out to the Postmaster General also.
My shaving soap package is currently in Portland, the vendor and I are both in West L.A. [insert joke here]
He's willing to replace it but says to first wait and see if the original gets shipped back here. Hmm, what are the odds . . . ?

It took some doing. I probably talked with 15 different people, keeping track and writing down who I talked to, when, plus their title locally and main office. Took a couple months and maple complaints. Even talked with the carriers immediate supervisor. They didn't tell they were doing it. Just came home one day, checked the mail, and noticed the Barcode label on the side of the mailbox. Google it and found d out what it was.

147 3,464
 07-21-2016, 04:47 PM
User Info
I can already see this is going to take legwork. The Postmaster General's website only takes complaints based on fraud or the like, not continually lost mail or malfeasance. For that they send you to USPS local customer service, which I've already dealt with unsuccessfully. Now I have to send a snail-mail to the USPS Consumer Advocate's office (they don't have an online form to fill out) and see if they'll accept and work on the complaint. Ironic that I'll be sending the letter via USPS.

29 1,776
 07-22-2016, 12:50 PM
User Info
(07-21-2016, 08:06 AM)kav Wrote: I pass on several UK EBAY auctions because they insist on a horribly expensive insured shipping fee pushed by UKEBAY. I did it once. The 'insurance' covers Royal Mail only to Heathrow and then it's on a cargo plane bound for NYC and the USPS without tracking. I just waited two weeks for an inexpensive book from back east. They used DHL and every stage took 2-3 days according to the online tracking until- SUPRISE! passed on to the USPS. Meanwhile, I'm getting emails from the seller upset they haven't received feedback. I explain the book is in Texas after 10 days and suggest they find a another shipping service, as DHL seems ashamed of WW2 blitzkrieg tactics. Yesterday a clerk transposed zip codes at the last minute and my package, here locally for delivery was sent to Encino in the San Fernando Valley minutes away from going on my mail carrier's van. it's back with corrected data to match the package nobody looked at and due for delivery today. It's a new translation of MEDITATIONS by Marcus Aurelius; roman emperor on STOICISM.

You can also find it here ... Smile

8 1,065
 07-22-2016, 12:59 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
(07-22-2016, 12:50 PM)lloydrm Wrote:
(07-21-2016, 08:06 AM)kav Wrote: I pass on several UK EBAY auctions because they insist on a horribly expensive insured shipping fee pushed by UKEBAY. I did it once. The 'insurance' covers Royal Mail only to Heathrow and then it's on a cargo plane bound for NYC and the USPS without tracking. I just waited two weeks for an inexpensive book from back east. They used DHL and every stage took 2-3 days according to the online tracking until- SUPRISE! passed on to the USPS. Meanwhile, I'm getting emails from the seller upset they haven't received feedback. I explain the book is in Texas after 10 days and suggest they find a another shipping service, as DHL seems ashamed of WW2 blitzkrieg tactics. Yesterday a clerk transposed zip codes at the last minute and my package, here locally for delivery was sent to Encino in the San Fernando Valley minutes away from going on my mail carrier's van. it's back with corrected data to match the package nobody looked at and due for delivery today. It's a new translation of MEDITATIONS by Marcus Aurelius; roman emperor on STOICISM.

You can also find it here ... Smile
Thankyou, but I have a 1st edition ( shall I show false humility) found in a used book store for a dollar. There is a new edition out, supposedly more accurate I thought to compare . I'll stick to Edwardian English by men who memorized entire classical passages and read in the beauty of the KJV. think I will spend the money on my girl or some soap.

2 3,171