07-21-2016, 05:26 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
I found these at Kmart, in 3 packs of 3 blades (9 blades total).
So far I have used a few of them and have not been brave enough to use them past their second shave. Good for the first shave and a half, then I feel like I'm pressing my luck.
My main blade is the (made in Russia) Gillette Platinum in the white and blue 5-packs, and I have consistently gotten 4 shaves per blade with those for three years.

Anyone else try these Brazilian GPPs?
I imagine they are vastly different from the "Spoiler" blades/Swedes (the made in Sweden GPPs), but I've never tried those.

[Image: 6706dfc22a8107dcf4ca7b793344f367.jpg]

[Image: 9539674ae9ceb835b648173577840574.jpg]

59 2,802
 07-22-2016, 03:52 PM
  • Gago
  • Rio de Janeirto
User Info
I have a couple packs of them (have been discontinued for quite some time now) and everytime I use one, is a bliss.

Real shame they are absolutely impossible to come by now.

Enviado via pombo-correio

4 447
 08-15-2016, 09:58 AM
User Info
I saw these discussed on the forum and decided to give them a try.  $6.99 at Walgreens for 9 blades.

I went in with low expectations, and justifiably so.  Not nearly as sharp or smooth as the Gillette White box platinums that I normally use.   I don't use any of the cheaper blades that so many folks on the forums seem to like, so I don't know how they compare to them, but these are pretty bad in my book.

Gillette makes and sells some really nice DE blades in other parts of the world.  But since their big cash cow in the US is the Fusion, they are not about to sell a nice DE blade here.  In fact, I'd guess that they are perfectly happy to sell poor DE blades here so that when users give DE shaving a try, they get a bad result and go right back to the Fusion.  It is insulting.

Again, I don't know how these blades compare to 10 and 20 cent blades widely available, but they most certainly are not worth anything close to $70 per blade in my opinion.

I'd have a couple unopened boxes of 3 blades each that I will not be using.  I'd be happy to toss a box in the mail gratis if someone wants to try them.  First 2 CONUS requests gets a box of 3.

20 162
 08-16-2016, 06:59 PM
User Info
Very nice of you.  I have some.  They are good blades, but not radically better.  Nice blade to try.  Not in.

11 194
 08-18-2016, 02:31 PM
  • Nero
  • Ban Groupthink from Earth
  • le montagne
User Info
Yeah, I agree with you, Smoothie.
I've tried another of these blades (4th overall) since starting the thread and confirmed they are not a good blade for me.
I'll stick to my regular Gillette Platinum blades in the blue and white packaging.

59 2,802