07-22-2016, 08:45 AM
User Info
I'm trying to buy a Rocnel razor but they come out of Turkey and they don't accept PayPal.  I received an invoice from a company called Payza.  They work like PayPal but I'm not familiar with them and I don't like giving my credit card info to a company that may not be secure or reputable.  Has anyone on here used Payza?  I'm sure some of you guys living in Europe might know about them.

Any info would be appreciated!

10 96
 07-22-2016, 08:49 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have never heard of Payza. My website allows me to add up to 50 possible payment options including Bitcoin. Payza is not one of the options.

46 18,642
 07-22-2016, 09:13 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
An option, cumbersome would be to open a debit account or prepaid card and only keep enough balance to cover the transaction.

2 3,171
 07-22-2016, 09:42 AM
User Info
(07-22-2016, 08:45 AM)strohman Wrote: I'm trying to buy a Rocnel razor but they come out of Turkey and they don't accept PayPal.  I received an invoice from a company called Payza.  They work like PayPal but I'm not familiar with them and I don't like giving my credit card info to a company that may not be secure or reputable.  Has anyone on here used Payza?  I'm sure some of you guys living in Europe might know about them.

I am in the same boat as you and am reluctant to give my bank details to a firm that I have never heard of. Pity, since I like aggressive razors and I really wanted to try that Razor. I wonder if anyone else sells that razor?

0 132
 07-22-2016, 09:51 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
We have Turkish forum members. I suggest seeking out their feedback.

2 3,171
 07-22-2016, 10:52 AM
User Info
I was hoping that some of our European forum members would be able to shed some light on this company.  I do like the idea of buying a Visa gift card for a little more than I need and using that.  That sounds a lot better than giving them my actual credit card or debit card number, since I don't know if I would be protected in case of fraud.

10 96
 07-22-2016, 11:42 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Lets look at this from Byzantium; or is it Constantinople? Oh yes Istanbul's perspective. Maybe they don't use our 'BELOVED' Paypal because of past issues. Anyone recall our own past issues with Paypal? It's a little ironic. We lust for foreign merchandise  but worry  the same quality is lacking in the actual exchange. I'm going through this right now with a antique Persian carpet appraised far beyond my imagination. I have one of THOSE people, an Iranian
rug dealer I went to college with doing the sale. He knows the qame with the level of buyers interested in it. besides, I ran out of Persian tea and demerara sugar. Get some feedback and feel as comfortable as that razor promises to be. Wink

2 3,171
 07-22-2016, 12:00 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I just PMed ALEKSEY who lives in Istanbul. His profile shows him away since February, but hopefully he can reply.

2 3,171
 07-22-2016, 12:05 PM
User Info
Found this info on a quick search https://www.cardpaymentoptions.com/alternatives/payza/ I think for me I would find another payment option.

6 1,406
 07-22-2016, 12:31 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Sure makes Phil's expected razor even more appealing.

2 3,171
 07-23-2016, 05:48 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(07-22-2016, 11:42 AM)kav Wrote: Lets look at this from Byzantium; or is it Constantinople? Oh yes Istanbul's perspective. Maybe they don't use our 'BELOVED' Paypal because of past issues. Anyone recall our own past issues with Paypal? It's a little ironic. We lust for foreign merchandise  but worry  the same quality is lacking in the actual exchange. I'm going through this right now with a antique Persian carpet appraised far beyond my imagination. I have one of THOSE people, an Iranian
rug dealer I went to college with doing the sale. He knows the qame with the level of buyers interested in it. besides, I ran out of Persian tea and demerara sugar. Get some feedback and feel as comfortable as that razor promises to be. Wink

Wow Kav. I was just discussing that city's history and cycle of name changes with my brother. Now how often has that happen since Byzas and his fellow Greeks from Megara founded the city ca 657 BC.?

7 2,361
 07-23-2016, 09:10 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Kismet, Serendipity, Harmonic convergence of the planets Doubt Please don't tell me you read Yeats in the last 24 hours Dodgy

2 3,171
 07-23-2016, 04:20 PM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(07-23-2016, 09:10 AM)kav Wrote: Kismet, Serendipity, Harmonic convergence of the planets Doubt Please don't tell me you read Yeats in the last 24 hours Dodgy
Ok, I won't.

7 2,361
 07-23-2016, 04:43 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
I didn't either. But, I was visiting my girl and favorite store and those pathetic LaRouchies were outside and asked me my opinion on the election. I was to tired to debate fenceposts so I recited a certain poem, after which a cashier ( multiple tats and piercings) collecting carts accidentally slammed them into their table, took me in arm and said' you need some water'.

2 3,171
 07-25-2016, 12:36 PM
User Info
(07-22-2016, 08:45 AM)strohman Wrote: I'm trying to buy a Rocnel razor but they come out of Turkey and they don't accept PayPal.  I received an invoice from a company called Payza.  They work like PayPal but I'm not familiar with them and I don't like giving my credit card info to a company that may not be secure or reputable.  Has anyone on here used Payza?  I'm sure some of you guys living in Europe might know about them.

Hello Strohman,

My name is Jason and I am the Corporate Communications Strategist at Payza. I am happy to answer any questions you may have about our payment processor, Payza. Indeed, PayPal recently stopped providing services in Turkey and many merchants migrated to competing payment processors. While we are less well-known, our company is fairly large, with over 8 million active accounts in over 190 countries. Our fraud prevention and security initiatives are extensive, so feel confident making a credit card purchase with that merchant. You may find more info on Payza on our company blog (blog.payza.com), on social media (check out Payza Global on Facebook, for example), or you may request a specific question on Quora.com addressed to Payza (official company account). For quick responses to simple customer support inquiries, consider sending us a Tweet on Twitter at @payzasupport.

0 1