07-25-2016, 09:40 AM
User Info
Besides the size of the bottles and prices of Myrsol's Don Miguel, is there a difference between the aftershave and cologne?

1 92
 07-25-2016, 10:09 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
I have the Cologne and it has an amazing scent that lingers on the skin about two-three hours after the appliance.

I chose it over the lotion because the latter has menthol in the ingredients list like every Myrsol lotion has, except of the Agua Balsamica. I was looking for a straight jasmine scent without cooling effect. This is a difference between them. Another could be that the Cologne scent lasts longer. But those that have both can be more sure about it.

49 1,996
 07-25-2016, 10:39 AM
User Info
Everyone's nose is different, but the Don Miguel 1919 is the first AS that my wife actually insisted that I sell. Keep in mind that I regularly wear Alt Innsbruck, Tabac and The Veg without that kind of reaction.
The scent of the 1919 is super, super floral. Overwhelmingly floral. And I am a fan of Rose, Lavender, and Lilac!
I may very well be in the super minority, because I haven't read anything negative on the shaving fora. YMMV, naturally.  Biggrin

39 3,919
 07-25-2016, 11:01 AM
User Info
(07-25-2016, 10:09 AM)nikos.a Wrote: I have the Cologne and it has an amazing scent that lingers on the skin about two-three hours after the appliance.

I chose it over the lotion because the latter has menthol in the ingredients list like every Myrsol lotion has, except of the Agua Balsamica. I was looking for a straight jasmine scent without cooling effect. This is a difference between them. Another could be that the Cologne scent lasts longer. But those that have both can be more sure about it.

Ahhh...menthol that is good to know.

(07-25-2016, 10:39 AM)primotenore Wrote: Everyone's nose is different, but the Don Miguel 1919 is the first AS that my wife actually insisted that I sell. Keep in mind that I regularly wear Alt Innsbruck, Tabac and The Veg without that kind of reaction.
The scent of the 1919 is super, super floral. Overwhelmingly floral. And I am a fan of Rose, Lavender, and Lilac!
I may very well be in the super minority, because I haven't read anything negative on the shaving fora. YMMV, naturally.  Biggrin

I like floral scents--especially lavender, rose, and jasmine--so Don Miguel got my attention. The most floral AS I have right now is Trumper's Skye, which I love, but it does not last very long. The next floral scent currently in the cabinet is D.R. Harris Albany, which is potent and lasts all day. A floral I have used in the past is TOB's 74 (non-lime and colored green). How does Don Miguel in scent potency and lasting effect compare with these?

1 92
 07-25-2016, 11:12 AM
User Info
(07-25-2016, 11:01 AM)Mon Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 10:09 AM)nikos.a Wrote: I have the Cologne and it has an amazing scent that lingers on the skin about two-three hours after the appliance.

Ahhh...menthol that is good to know.

(07-25-2016, 10:39 AM)primotenore Wrote: Everyone's nose is different, but the Don Miguel 1919 is the first AS that my wife actually insisted that I sell. Keep in mind that I regularly wear Alt Innsbruck, Tabac and The Veg without that kind of reaction.

I like floral scents--especially lavender, rose, and jasmine--so Don Miguel got my attention. The most floral AS I have right now is Trumper's Skye, which I love, but it does not last very long. The next floral scent currently in the cabinet is D.R. Harris Albany, which is potent and lasts all day. A floral I have used in the past is TOB's 74 (non-lime and colored green). How does Don Miguel in scent potency and lasting effect compare with these?
I can't make a comparison. The scents you listed are unknown to me. There may be other fragrance aficionados out there better informed to help you. I'll just say that the 1919 is very strong and lasts a long time.

39 3,919
 07-25-2016, 11:35 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
(07-25-2016, 10:39 AM)primotenore Wrote: I regularly wear Alt Innsbruck, Tabac and The Veg 

Huh

38 5,108
 07-25-2016, 11:37 AM
User Info
(07-25-2016, 11:35 AM)evnpar Wrote:
(07-25-2016, 10:39 AM)primotenore Wrote: I regularly wear Alt Innsbruck, Tabac and The Veg 

Huh
No...  Biggrin

39 3,919