07-28-2016, 01:51 PM
User Info
Is there anyone out there that can change my Pils razor into a 3 piece design? Other than Toby at Triad?? His wait list is ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 951
 07-28-2016, 01:51 PM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
He has a wait list?!? Wink

22 835
 07-28-2016, 03:32 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
Just unscrew the bushing and use a narrow (small) diameter Edwin Jagger handle and it will screw right in...or...pop a couple o-rings on the existing handle...or use heat shrink tubing between the top and bottom bands....(only caution cover top cap of handle when unscrewing to avoid marring top piece of handle)....also you need the proper size screwdriver if the bushing has the split or a hex wrench if it has that style)

6 2,044
 07-29-2016, 06:38 AM
User Info
Based on reviewing his photos on Etsy where he replaced a Ikon OSS handle on a Pils to make it a 3 piece, if you already had a replacement handle in mind, you would only need a machine shop or someone who can grind metal to shrink the top of the handle to allow it fit inside the space of the Pils head.

I also checked the cap and it is a standard size thread to fit on all aftermarket handles.

Otherwise you need a handle thin enough to fit inside the head of the Pils.

Here are some quick photos I had for reference of what others are talking about for the bushings and disassembly.

[Image: NU3VD0e.jpg]
[Image: kWrFOf9.png]

39 275
 07-29-2016, 08:18 AM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
 07-29-2016, 11:15 AM
User Info
Greg, great razor and thanks for posting it, but if I am correct these are no longer being made, right?  I, for one, would love to get my hands on one of those, but have been unable to find one.  

If you are planning on making more of them, I would be excited to buy one.  Thanks.

2 1,548
 07-29-2016, 12:58 PM
User Info
(07-29-2016, 11:15 AM)kingfisher Wrote: Greg, great razor and thanks for posting it, but if I am correct these are no longer being made, right?  I, for one, would love to get my hands on one of those, but have been unable to find one.  

If you are planning on making more of them, I would be excited to buy one.  Thanks.

Can't you get it straight from PILS?

18 787
 07-29-2016, 02:02 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
The razor on the IKON post was made by IKON not PILS....perhaps he is showing the construction and how simple his design is....he also made a copy of PILs but with the double SB/OC base plate,,,,mine has the aluminium base plate with the stainless head...can,t remember the model number.Just looked it up...was called the SK9

6 2,044
 07-29-2016, 03:14 PM
User Info
(07-28-2016, 01:51 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote: Is there anyone out there that can change my Pils razor into a 3 piece design?  Other than Toby at Triad??  His wait list is ridiculous!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pils is a nice razor but I hate the handle. It's just so ugly and not grippy at all

0 82