07-29-2016, 08:30 PM
User Info
Looking for a "freeze your face off" cold menthol soap for hot, humid Summer days. I've got that "Northern blood" and can't stand the heat. Any suggestions?

I know it's pretty subjective, so I'll include some I've already tried and some opinions...

I've tried-

Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic  (Amazing scent, probably my favorite, but purposely weak on menthol)

QCS Vostok (Meh... good scent but disappointing "Chill factor")

B&M Arctique  (Better than Vostok, but not cold enough, nice peppermint scent)

Stirling Glacial Lemon (Surprisingly mild for a Stirling glacial soap, nice citrus scent)

Stirling Frozen Tundra (Good scent, but leaves me wanting for more menthol)

Stirling Glacial Wintergreen (Coldest I've found, but the scent is kinda meh)

0 81
 07-29-2016, 08:44 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Vulcans is  french soap in a refreshing pepperment scent. it comes in a stick you need to grate into a bowl. Available at Bullgoose.

2 3,171
 07-29-2016, 10:02 PM
User Info
I've used Barrister & Mann Arctique and that stuff is pretty cold. You say you want colder than that...I've heard that Chiseled Face - Cryogen is colder than Arctique. I've read that from a few people, it may be worth a shot. I think someone was feeling out something even colder than Cryogen, which to me seems ridiculous, because even Arctique makes my eyes water lol

Good luck!

7 330
 07-30-2016, 02:40 AM
User Info
(07-29-2016, 08:44 PM)kav Wrote: Vulcans is  french soap in a refreshing pepperment scent. it comes in a stick you need to grate into a bowl. Available at Bullgoose.

Thanks I'll have to check it out!

0 81
 07-30-2016, 02:49 AM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Here is a suggestion.  I have Stirling Glacial Lemon.  Like you, I think it's pretty good.  Nice menthol effect.  Here is my advice: buy the matching aftershave.   It, combined with the soap, takes it to a whole new level.   Very nice on a hot day!

10 298
 07-30-2016, 02:53 AM
User Info
(07-29-2016, 10:02 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: I've used Barrister & Mann Arctique and that stuff is pretty cold. You say you want colder than that...I've heard that Chiseled Face - Cryogen is colder than Arctique. I've read that from a few people, it may be worth a shot. I think someone was feeling out something even colder than Cryogen, which to me seems ridiculous, because even Arctique makes my eyes water lol

Good luck!

Haha, the Arctique is probably the 2nd or 3rd coldest soap I've used thus far I can't remember if that or Stirling Frozen Tundra was colder, both have very similar pepperminty scents.

Frozen Tundra almost has a "Big Red" chewing gum cinnamon afterscent, and Arctique has a medicine almost like a "Vicks Vaporub" afterscent, but bother are much more pleasant scents than Glacial WG. (Which smells like that 80's wax lips candy on steroids)

I have heard of the Cryogen, I'll have to give that a shot. I enjoy the eye watering/sinus clearing I get when I shave with high menthol.

0 81
 07-30-2016, 02:57 AM
User Info
(07-29-2016, 08:30 PM)Trumble88 Wrote: Looking for a "freeze your face off" cold menthol soap for hot, humid Summer days. I've got that "Northern blood" and can't stand the heat. Any suggestions?

I know it's pretty subjective, so I'll include some I've already tried and some opinions...

I've tried-

Stirling Margaritas in the Arctic  (Amazing scent, probably my favorite, but purposely weak on menthol)

Stirling Glacial Lemon (Surprisingly mild for a Stirling glacial soap, nice citrus scent)

Try stirling Orange Chill. It smells amazing and for me at least the chill factor is pretty high

0 82
 07-30-2016, 03:00 AM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 02:49 AM)NJDJ Wrote: Here is a suggestion.  I have Stirling Glacial Lemon.  Like you, I think it's pretty good.  Nice menthol effect.  Here is my advice: buy the matching aftershave.   It, combined with the soap, takes it to a whole new level.   Very nice on a hot day!

Already ahead of you on that haha, I have the matching aftershave, sample size witchhazel and aloe, and aftershave balm. I agree, I really like the scent but it's a little mild for my taste. But I love Stirling's Soaps I've only really been disappointed with 1 of them and that was "Coniferous", the only non mentholated soap I've tried from them. Perhaps I'll like it when the weather turns cold and I'm not trying to bathe in menthol (I literally bought some of their shower bar soap in Glacial Lemon and Margaritas in the Arctic. Awesome stuff I highly recommend it)

0 81
 07-30-2016, 03:04 AM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 02:57 AM)Vadimdon Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 08:30 PM)Trumble88 Wrote: Looking for a "freeze your face off" cold menthol soap for hot, humid Summer days. I've got that "Northern blood" and can't stand the heat. Any suggestions?

I've tried-

Try stirling Orange Chill. It smells amazing and for me at least the chill factor is pretty high

Got a sample puck of it, I thought it was very mild and didn't include it in the list. It is a very nice scent, I wish Rod and Mandy would make a version of Pharaohs Dreamsicle and leave out the Egyptian Musk, and just have the vanilla and orange scent... that would be an awesome smelling soap.

0 81
 07-30-2016, 07:03 AM
  • Steelman
  • SUPPORT OUR POLICE OFFICERS
  • Delaware
User Info
Mama Bear's soaps used to have a face melting menthol that wasn't on their regular menu.  I'd contact Mama Bear soaps and ask them.  I tried it once and only once.  My eyes watered up. It was like shaving with Vicks Vapo Rub.

169 1,424
 07-30-2016, 07:07 AM
User Info
I really like the pb denali , perfect summer soap, peppermint oil extract and menthol. Could be my favorite soap to date, hands down my favorite summer soap to date

28 777
 07-30-2016, 08:23 AM
User Info
For an orange & vanilla scented soap/aftershave with menthol, try chiseled face Orange creamsicle. (It's out of stock everywhere I've looked right now though)

29 1,207
 07-30-2016, 09:27 AM
User Info
CF Cryogen or Yeti Snot. Coldest IMO might be Cryogen/Arctique.

31 739
 07-30-2016, 09:39 AM
  • Beau
  • Westchester, NY
User Info
I like Chiseled Face Cryogen soap and aftershave. Very refreshing!

0 383
 07-30-2016, 06:01 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 07:03 AM)Steelman Wrote: Mama Bear's soaps used to have a face melting menthol that wasn't on their regular menu.  I'd contact Mama Bear soaps and ask them.  I tried it once and only once.  My eyes watered up. It was like shaving with Vicks Vapo Rub.

I've seen Mama Bear's pop up on a few artisan soap searches, I'll have to check them out.

0 81
 07-30-2016, 06:02 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 07:07 AM)Safelysimpson Wrote: I really like the pb denali , perfect summer soap, peppermint oil extract and menthol. Could be my favorite soap to date, hands down my favorite summer soap to date

Hmmm I'll have to check that out

0 81
 07-30-2016, 06:04 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 08:23 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: For an orange & vanilla scented soap/aftershave with menthol, try chiseled face Orange creamsicle. (It's out of stock everywhere I've looked right now though)

I'll have to take the plunge and try some of these CF soaps, I hear the Cryogen might be the coldest maybe I'll have to order a sample of the Creamsicle too.

0 81
 07-30-2016, 06:05 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 09:27 AM)llalm Wrote: CF Cryogen or Yeti Snot. Coldest IMO might be Cryogen/Arctique.

The Cryogen keeps popping up, I'll have to get a sample of it. I've never heard of Yeti Snot I'll have to check that out as well.

0 81
 07-30-2016, 06:06 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 09:39 AM)Beau Wrote: I like Chiseled Face Cryogen soap and aftershave. Very refreshing!

Sounds like CF Cryogen is on my shortlist for ordering!

0 81
 07-30-2016, 06:16 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 02:53 AM)Trumble88 Wrote:
(07-29-2016, 10:02 PM)vigilantesd Wrote: I've used Barrister & Mann Arctique and that stuff is pretty cold. You say you want colder than that...I've heard that Chiseled Face - Cryogen is colder than Arctique. I've read that from a few people, it may be worth a shot. I think someone was feeling out something even colder than Cryogen, which to me seems ridiculous, because even Arctique makes my eyes water lol

Good luck!

Haha, the Arctique is probably the 2nd or 3rd coldest soap I've used thus far I can't remember if that or Stirling Frozen Tundra was colder, both have very similar pepperminty scents.

Frozen Tundra almost has a "Big Red" chewing gum cinnamon afterscent, and Arctique has a medicine almost like a "Vicks Vaporub" afterscent, but bother are much more pleasant scents than Glacial WG. (Which smells like that 80's wax lips candy on steroids)

I have heard of the Cryogen, I'll have to give that a shot. I enjoy the eye watering/sinus clearing I get when I shave with high menthol.

Arctique is supposed to be Peppermint and Peppercorn (much more obvious in the Tonique), the medicine scent is a side effect of the high level of menthol. If you haven't tried the Tonique of it, and you like alcohol based splash , you should. It makes my eyes water no matter how much or how little I use =P

The Cryogen will be pretty much straight up menthol scent, there isn't any room left to add any scent lol

7 330