07-30-2016, 05:48 AM
  • warhawk
  • Beautiful NorthWest Florida
User Info
Hi Gents:  Hope all is well with you and your families.  Just wanted to know your thoughts on the Wolfman OC and how do they compare (performance-wise) to other OC razors such as the ATT M2, R2, iKON OC, Gillette NEW, ATT R2, and other OCs.  I was very fortunate to be on the Wolfman wait list.  I just wanted to hear your thoughts on your WM OC and how would you compare it to others.  I recently purchased the ATT M2 and so far I am loving the face and head shaves with it.

Thanks in advance,

WARHAWK

12 333
 07-30-2016, 05:54 AM
User Info
IMO, The Wolfman OC is slightly more aggressive and way more efficient than Ikon OC. M2 is harsher than Wolfman OC. Overall, the Wolfman OC is a beautiful, efficient, and smooth razor.

16 648
 07-30-2016, 06:11 AM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 05:54 AM)chiefthunder Wrote: IMO, The Wolfman OC is slightly more aggressive and way more efficient than Ikon OC. M2 is harsher than Wolfman OC. Overall, the Wolfman OC is a beautiful, efficient, and smooth razor.

I agree with Chiefthunder and his comparison. I enjoyed my OC but wound up selling and acquiring my SB. Just find the SB to be a smoother, more comfortable shave for me. 
That being said, I'm not a big fan of OC's in general and I've tried just about all of them. If I had to chose one though it would be the Wolfman. Found it best of the bunch.

147 3,537
 07-30-2016, 06:30 AM
  • DayMan
  • Tennessee
User Info
My two razors are an ATT M2 and Wolfman OC. I find them about the same efficiency wise with the Wolfman having a slight edge. The Wolfman feels smoother, but I have to be more careful with it than the ATT. I think it's because I tend to get careless with the Wolfman. I almost wish it were less smooth.

3 561
 07-30-2016, 07:10 AM
User Info
I really like the OC for the first pass, super efficient, I prefer the safety bar for ATG, so I really like the DC wolfman the best. Safety bar wasn't as efficient with 3-4 days growth, yet the OC you really need a light steady touch ATG without any mistakes

28 779
 07-30-2016, 01:37 PM
  • warhawk
  • Beautiful NorthWest Florida
User Info
Thanks for the inputs.  Kindly keep them coming if you haven't posted your thoughts. 

WARHAWK

12 333
 07-30-2016, 01:42 PM
User Info
(07-30-2016, 06:11 AM)FreddieP318ti Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 05:54 AM)chiefthunder Wrote: IMO, The Wolfman OC is slightly more aggressive and way more efficient than Ikon OC. M2 is harsher than Wolfman OC. Overall, the Wolfman OC is a beautiful, efficient, and smooth razor.

I agree with Chiefthunder and his comparison. I enjoyed my OC but wound up selling and acquiring my SB. Just find the SB to be a smoother, more comfortable shave for me. 
That being said, I'm not a big fan of OC's in general and I've tried just about all of them. If I had to chose one though it would be the Wolfman. Found it best of the bunch.

Wish you sold me one Freddie, really curious about this ...  Tongue

I usually prefer SB's too cause I prefer a milder shave, I only have two or three OC's in my collection. 

I did hear that the Timeless OC seems to be the mildest of the three however.

11 1,169
 07-30-2016, 04:58 PM
User Info
I liked the OC a little better than the SB. To me the BBS-1 was a little more efficient and smooth than the WM, so I traded the WM off.. I really like the DC, and it gets used more the the OC..

16 215
 07-30-2016, 08:15 PM
User Info
In terms of efficiency, the SB and OC function the same to me. They feel different, obviously, but the results were indistinguishable. I actually find this to be a mild-mannered razor, but it is very efficient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 282
 08-02-2016, 08:00 AM
User Info
I can't seem to differentiate between the OC and SB. I've tried back to back comparisons, and aside from the ever so slight increase in blade feel when using the OC, both provide me with a similar shave. I own both and alternate them in my razor rotation.

0 650
 08-04-2016, 06:19 AM
User Info
How does it compare to the Tradere OC?

0 876
 08-04-2016, 06:26 AM
  • chamm
  • Expert on nothing
  • Central Ohio
User Info
I only have the Wolfman SB (Standard gap) but to me, the Tradere OC (First Generation) is substantially more aggressive. The Wolfman, however, is as smooth as they come, except for maybe the Black Mamba.

22 828
 08-04-2016, 08:02 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
(07-30-2016, 06:11 AM)FreddieP318ti Wrote:

Same here, tried a bunch of OC's, the Wolfman is the only one that remains.

28 1,442
 08-04-2016, 08:12 AM
  • EricM
  • Encinitas, CA
User Info
I recently had the opportunity to try a Wolfman OC, OC .74 gap, and an all Ti SB. 

Coming from a BBS-1, I expected the all Ti SB to be my favorite but was surprised to find that I enjoyed and had the best performance with the standard gap OC.  It felt smoother to me, and the blade exposure did not feel any more dangerous.  It's a very user friendly razor.  The .74 gap was also great and not overly aggressive.  I could probably use that daily but expect I'll buy a standard OC when my turn comes around.

Eric

48 976
 08-04-2016, 10:45 AM
User Info
(08-04-2016, 08:12 AM)EricM Wrote: I recently had the opportunity to try a Wolfman OC, OC .74 gap, and an all Ti SB. 

Coming from a BBS-1, I expected the all Ti SB to be my favorite but was surprised to find that I enjoyed and had the best performance with the standard gap OC.  It felt smoother to me, and the blade exposure did not feel any more dangerous.  It's a very user friendly razor.  The .74 gap was also great and not overly aggressive.  I could probably use that daily but expect I'll buy a standard OC when my turn comes around.

Eric

Interesting how we all go through different phases. I own the SB and OC in standard gap and will be ordering both in wider gaps to try next. I find little difference between the OC and SB aside from greater blade 'feel' on the OC but that could just be a perception thing. The end result is still the same for both heads. I do find the shave characteristics and feel change with your choice of handle material/weight. I have steel and titanium and they both offer a slightly different shaving experience using the same head.

0 650
 08-04-2016, 10:48 AM
User Info
OP I love my OC Wolfmen and they are a staple in my razor rotation. The only other OC I can recommend would be the timeless OC, it's more aggressive but equally smooth. The wolfman is my autopilot razor, just drop in a blade and go without worrying about cutting yourself, it makes a fantastic daily driver. The timeless requires a tad more attention as it's possible to cut yourself with it, the blade gap is a bit scary but the end result is a very close, smooth shave. I'd go with the wolfman as a no brainer daily driver but maybe get a timeless for when you're feeling the urge to try a different OC.

0 650
 08-04-2016, 02:16 PM
User Info
Hi warhawk. I think that the Wolfman OC is very similar to the NEW SC. I can shave at the same angle with both these razors and get the same shave. The efficiency is equal. The audible and tactile feedback is more pronounced with the NEW SC but not by much. The Wolfman provides a slightly smoother shave but again, not by much.

1 171