07-31-2016, 05:39 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
So, I just got a shipment in from Phil (Bullgoose) and in it was "444" aftershave.  He had a special on it and I had been meaning to give it a go, and so when I saw this I pulled the trigger on it.  I just used it for the first time today.... I have fallen in love with this concoction.  It is wonderful.  The tube is a tad bit small and I wish that it came in a slightly larger offering but you don't need a lot to cover your shaved areas and so I think it will last some time.  I used it after shaving with Cremo 'Cooling' menthol shave cream and it paired really nice!  This is now in my top three post shave products. If you haven't tried it you should and I believe Bullgoose still has a good deal on it.

Anyone else with negative or positive experiences with this wonderful drug?? ;-)

[Image: 1k2faET.jpg]

129 320
 07-31-2016, 05:47 PM
User Info
I've bought it before. I have used it to add menthol to other after shaves. Not too much on my face straight up.

It is nice for rubbing on a pulled muscle or something. Sort of like Icy Hot without the Hot.

I think it's just glycerin and menthol?

Good stuff! Sisi

10 1,460
 07-31-2016, 07:32 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
(07-31-2016, 05:47 PM)bakerbarber Wrote: I've bought it before. I have used it to add menthol to other after shaves. Not too much on my face straight up.

It is nice for rubbing on a pulled muscle or something. Sort of like Icy Hot without the Hot.

I think it's just glycerin and menthol?

Good stuff! Sisi
I think you're probably close, but it seems like there is something else in there more than just regular menthol and I just can't put my finger on it :-/

129 320
 08-01-2016, 02:11 AM
User Info
Enjoyable on its own; I keep meaning to try the recommendation to add a little bit of one's favorite scent while applying it.

8 951
 08-04-2016, 09:27 AM
  • bjorney
  • Los Angeles
User Info
I like it. It smells a bit like Ricola cough drops, but it feels good.

0 912
 08-04-2016, 10:50 AM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
(08-04-2016, 09:27 AM)bjorney Wrote: I like it. It smells a bit like Ricola cough drops, but it feels good.

LOL... it does, doesn't it?... I was also thinking it smells almost exactly like Halls mentholyptus

129 320
 08-27-2016, 01:02 AM
User Info
This works perfectly for me, it was one of the first products that I found when I started wetshaving, I like to use it mixed with aftershave splash.

Enviado do meu SM-N9005 através de Tapatalk

0 109
 08-27-2016, 06:47 AM
User Info
I don't use it as much as I did a few years ago. I like the menthol kick. A little goes a long way. Splash on your aftershave then put a tiny dollop in your palm with a bit of aftershave and apply. Very nice, can get very greasy if overly applied. Good stuff

~Royce

4 384