08-03-2016, 02:54 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
What do you guys think of the newest version of the Cold River Soap Works Post Shave Lotion?  I am particularly interested in opinions on the Betgamont and Bay and the Citrus.  How is it and how is the scent longevity?  It is non-alcohol, so how is that?

7 191
 08-03-2016, 03:24 PM
  • NJDJ
  • New Jersey
User Info
Come on guys...who has used this?  The latest version, not the older ones.

7 191
 08-03-2016, 05:30 PM
User Info
I'll just comment on performance.

First off they are thin and absorb extremely well.

I live in central NC and it's very humid here in the summer.

These balms can be used by me in these conditions.

They go on light and aren't greasy.

Top notch stuff in my book!

82 2,180
 08-03-2016, 05:37 PM
User Info
I have both you are asking about and the scents are fantastic. Longevity is about 2-3 hours and they are very light more like a milk. Great moisturizing but not heavy at all.

17 1,297
 08-03-2016, 08:41 PM
User Info
Just adding some flavor to the previous comments. I think the terms "lotion" or "balm" would be misnomers for this product, as it is closer to a toner IME. Milky in color and thinness, soaks in quickly, and leaves the face feeling hydrated and refreshed. No alcohol, so no burn. The limenthol has menthol, but it's very subtle. I don't get much longevity scent wise, but I didn't expect to. That said, the face-feel does last a considerable amount of time. Overall, a bit expensive - but super packaging and great performance. 

*Scents are subjective, but Citrus is one of my favorites from CRSW and I was excited to see the post-shave come back in stock recently.

26 992
 08-20-2016, 08:33 PM
User Info
I used the citrus soap today, you guys are tempting me to get the lotion.

2 52
 08-27-2016, 10:33 AM
User Info
Between the scent, consistency, and post-shave feel, It's superb, IMHO.

What I would LOVE is to have BOTH the ps-lotion and/or splash and cologne. Now THAT would be ideal.

My advice is pull the trigger!

0 28