08-03-2016, 04:30 PM
  • Slim
  • Tennessee
User Info
Hey all,

I might give the Valobra almond soap a try. I was wandering is it a fairly easy soap to lather? Does it provide a thick and cushion of lather? Does it dry out easily during a shave? Does one need to lather it with a really wet brush Or a dry brush? Does it leave behind some residual slickness after a pass?

0 80
 08-03-2016, 04:57 PM
User Info
I have both almond and menthol.  An excellent soap----not too soft, just soft enough too mold into any kind of container you want.  The soap is very easy to lather with any type of brush.  Nice and slick and offers great protection.  The scent is not too strong and rinses off easily.  I think you will really like this soap, one of my favorites.

4 32
 08-03-2016, 08:33 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
It's a great soap, go for it!

Cheers, Steve

7 526
 08-03-2016, 09:55 PM
User Info
Very nice value soap. I do prefer Cella 1 kg brick over the Valobra almond though, but the Valobra is a very fine performer too.

24 5,967
 08-03-2016, 10:56 PM
User Info
I can make the offer to donate a sample that I have. Originally it was a soft brick in plastic but then it was transfered to a wooden container. It hardened and then when it got taken out, it was a crumbley texture. 

Should I add some water to the dry soap bits and moisten it to mix it up? Is that an example of rebatching soap?

79 1,338