08-04-2016, 12:56 AM
User Info
Normally, I am reticent to try artisan products because they either burn or irritate my skin so that I cannot use said products two days in a row.  LPL, Shaver Heaven, RazoRock XXX and Cella are some of the products that my sensitive skin cannot abide, - which is a pity because they are all fine performing soaps (especially LPL and Shaver Heaven).  I decided to give Occam’s Crushed Lime Shaving a try because Con Kazantzidis (Shave the Man) liked it a lot and he seems to know his stuff and also because it is a cream that only has natural ingredients.

So far I have shaved with it twice and it is an exceptional cream – plenty of glide, cushion, moisturising properties and no irritation. When opening the tub, one can definitely smell crushed limes but the scent is not overpowering and definitely not synthetic. A little of this cream goes a long way and you only need to load the very tips of your shaving brush. The cream (and it is a soft cream and not a croap) can be purchased with a crushed lime pre-shave soap but I did not bother with it because it is my view that a soap or cream should be able to stand on its own merits.

To sum up, Occam’s has been added to my cream rotation of SMN, ADP, XPEC, Alvarez Gomez and St James of London. I am in the process of settling on seven creams for my rotation and am waiting for Baume.be, Floris 89, Esbjerg unscented and Penhaglion’s BB to arrive from Europe. From these new arrivals one or more will be added to my rotation (depending on performance and scent). If the scent of XPEC original does not start to be more to my liking, and soon, then I am passing it forward to dad. Life is to short to put up with abhorrent scents.

Cheers.

0 132
 08-04-2016, 08:54 AM
User Info
There are a few artisanal soaps that offer their soaps in unscented versions which are very mild, in general.

Good to hear you are enjoying the new product. Shy

83 21,115