08-05-2016, 11:04 AM
User Info
Read somewhere that this brand made a new reformulation on 2015, achieving a better product than the former dated on 2014.
Is there any witness here?
If so, a couple of lathering pictures and full ingredients would be great to become myself brave enough on buying a BB wooden bowl... soon.
Thanks

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

1 110
 08-05-2016, 01:32 PM
User Info
I have the new sartorial soap. The scent and performance are fine, but I really don't find it better than the other top-tier soaps I have  tried. You can google the ingredient list. I find D.R. Harris is just as good, or better, as are some artisan brands like Mystic Water and Mike's. Bottom line: I won't repurchase.

0 61
 08-05-2016, 01:41 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
A friend of mine gave me the newly re-formulated BB soap to give it a try. After three shaves, I wasn't impressed. Just a good soap, nothing special to me. The scent was nice, but the performance far from my expectations for a premium product. My conclusion is that there are far better products in better price. I can recall many artisanal soaps that outperform the Pen's soap. But that would be just my opinion. Overall, I am happy I didn't buy it.

49 1,939
 08-05-2016, 01:46 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Soaps seem to be rated as much for scent recently as performance and our olfactory sense can confuse the mental. I thought it a very nice soap with scent nicely pairing their lovely AS and colognes.packaging presentation is very nice also. I think it worthy of at least one waltz.

2 3,171
 08-05-2016, 02:50 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I enjoy Penhaligon creams better than their soaps. However, I do have Sartorial in both the cream and soap and enjoy the scent so much that I frequently use one or the other. I also have Bayolea in the soap, as the cream is brushless. I also have vintage BB and English Fern, and actually like the new formation of BB better. Bottom line: they are good soaps, but not great soaps, and are worth buying if you love the scent and prefer to use a soap rather than a cream. Otherwise, stick with their creams, which are excellent.

38 5,030
 08-07-2016, 05:33 AM
User Info
I know, gents, so better off forget about them. Thanks.

Enviado desde mi XT1032 mediante Tapatalk

1 110
 08-07-2016, 08:41 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(08-05-2016, 01:46 PM)kav Wrote: Soaps seem to be rated as much for scent recently as performance and our olfactory sense can confuse the mental. I thought it a very nice soap with scent nicely pairing their lovely AS and colognes.packaging presentation is very nice also. I think it worthy of at least one waltz.

With Kav here. What was once a gunfighter of a soap worth having for both it's fragrance and performance is now wearing only one gun.

7 2,279
 08-07-2016, 02:36 PM
  • Steve56
  • Knoxville, TN
User Info
+1 Kav on fragrance.

Cheers, Steve

7 466
 08-09-2016, 08:44 AM
User Info
Agreed.
Their creams are better than their soaps. The new Sartorial and Bayolea soaps perform nicely, but as said, not better than my 6 DR HARRIS hard soaps.

24 5,840