08-05-2016, 11:57 AM
User Info
The one on the left is a 26mm Jewel, on the right is a 28mm Knight.  The photo with all four of my Wiborgs, the blue is a 26 mm Barber and the green is a 28mm Sturdy.  These will probably be my last Wiborg purchase at least for a while.

[Image: 82RrX4O.jpg]

[Image: TDuFn2I.jpg]

0 253
 08-05-2016, 12:01 PM
User Info
Man I love that Jewel

Great collection!

82 2,210
 08-05-2016, 12:10 PM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
Beautiful.  Wiborgs are wonderful brushes.  That's a nice set.

61 507
 08-05-2016, 12:11 PM
User Info
Oh wow man I like those a lot ! Awesome colors and handle styles. There is something just a little different about his chubby style (that jade handle) because it has more curves or something. Well done

1 468
 08-05-2016, 12:32 PM
  • Barrylu
  • Portland OR
User Info
How long was the wait after you ordered them before delivery?

68 1,068
 08-05-2016, 12:48 PM
User Info
(08-05-2016, 12:32 PM)Barrylu Wrote: How long was the wait after you ordered them before delivery?

This is why I might not be ordering anytime soon it took a month before he accepted my order and seven months for him to complete my brushes.  And, I am a prior customer.  To some that may not be a good excuse.  However, it is my money.

0 253
 08-05-2016, 02:37 PM
  • e-dub
  • right brain: bna. left brain: dtw.
User Info
love them.

41 666
 08-05-2016, 02:58 PM
User Info
I like the knot on the White, so I've sent several queries to him over the last few months but have never received a response, and from reading about others' experiences that's the new norm. Glad to hear he's still sending brushes out; the quality looks as good as ever. He knows where to reach me if he chooses. Whether I'll still be interested if and when the time comes is another matter.

29 1,776
 08-05-2016, 08:34 PM
User Info
just beautiful brushes.  wish they were more available.

73 1,297
 08-06-2016, 04:54 AM
User Info
(08-05-2016, 08:34 PM)daveinsweethome Wrote: just beautiful brushes.  wish they were more available.

Me too. I gave up on these. Add them to the list of unobtainium for me. I love looking at everyone else's though. His brush handles have just a little extra something to them. Very curvaceous and ornate. He has some fun colors too.

1 468
 08-06-2016, 07:14 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Thanks for sharing your fantastic brushes.

38 5,115
 08-06-2016, 08:25 AM
User Info
For those of you who have been trying to contact and order brushes from him read the following; but the wait in my opinion is worth it.

I originally purchased the green brush in 2014.  When I contacted him he immediately got back with me.  I ordered the brush and had it in about a week and a half.  Shortly after I purchased the blue brush and had the same experience.  It required several emails because his web site leaves a lot to be desired.  He does not show the colors available; the colored brushes that flash back and forth on the top of the main web page many of them have not been available for years.  He does not give prices on his site and the handle shapes should be in a different color because black does not show the intricacies properly.

So, Florian's brushes became very popular.  In December of 2015 I contacted him because I wanted to have him make me two more brushes.  It took several emails before I heard back from him.  Then it took several more for me to find out what colors are available.  That process took almost the entire month of December.  I then told him what handles, knot sizes and colors I wanted.  He finally quoted the prices and I told him to make them for me and send me an order confirmation.  He then told me he was very busy and the brushes would take 12 weeks to complete.  I confirmed with him that meant the second week in April and he agreed.  The second week in May I had not heard from him and It took several emails before I heard from him.  He apologized and said it would be another 6 to 8 weeks.  I again wrote and said that would be the third week in July to which he said it could be sooner but the third week would be accurate.  The third week in July came and went and I did not hear from him so I wrote a very nasty email which I will not repeat.  A day later he wrote and said my brushes were complete.  The entire process took 8 months which I believe is unacceptable especially being a prior customer.  Many months ago someone had posted I believe on this blog that Florian had hurt himself which could be a valid excuse.  However, out of all the emails he sent me since December 2015 he never once said he injured himself but that he was very busy.  He is a one man operation and if he took more orders then he could adequately produce he must revisit his production procedures.  It appears that The Varlet and Paladin has perfected their production procedures.

However, it is important that everybody understand that his brushes are of excellent quality both handle and knot and the performance of his knots are to die for.  And some of the best brushes you can find. So, if you really want one or more of his brushes be persistent but understand it may take a while.  But in the end you will be pleased as I am with his products.  He does not have an inventory you order what you want.  And lastly, you do not pay in advance, you pay once the brush is complete and ready for delivery.

0 253
 08-06-2016, 08:31 AM
User Info
This reads as another example of a brush maker who creates excellent products, but needs a helping hand on the business side. (Not intended as a dig, just an observation).

28 1,102
 08-06-2016, 08:41 AM
User Info
(08-06-2016, 08:31 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: This reads as another example of a brush maker who creates excellent products, but needs a helping hand on the business side. (Not intended as a dig, just an observation).

Bang, you hit it right on the head.  That was part of my angry email to him.  I did not want to anger him; I just wanted him to understand how customers felt.  His brushes are to good and hopefully this will change.  Everyone should experience his brush.

0 253
 08-06-2016, 09:21 AM
  • Mouser
  • Forest City, Florida U.S.A.
User Info
(08-06-2016, 08:31 AM)mike_the_kraken Wrote: This reads as another example of a brush maker who creates excellent products, but needs a helping hand on the business side. (Not intended as a dig, just an observation).

My belief, what I assume anyways and base my expectations on, certainly how ive approached my transactions  with Mr. Sabini, is that certain brush makers are artists, don't consider their services as businesses, and should be dealt with as such. I've never had any problems hearing back from Lee and once a " commission" was in place I thought about the piece I'd have in my possession  eventually  and not how long it would take. But having a brother  who is an artist has taught me that.
Excuse the unconnected ramble please.

7 2,328
 08-06-2016, 09:41 AM
  • Thug
  • South Africa
User Info
Thanks for sharing your superb collection.

0 403
 08-06-2016, 10:04 AM
User Info
(08-06-2016, 09:21 AM)Mouser Wrote:

My belief, what I assume anyways and base my expectations on, certainly how ive approached my transactions  with Mr. Sabini, is that certain brush makers are artists, don't consider their services as businesses, and should be dealt with as such. I've never had any problems hearing back from Lee and once a " commission" was in place I thought about the piece I'd have in my possession  eventually  and not how long it would take. But having a brother  who is an artist has taught me that.
Excuse the unconnected ramble please.

I agree and disagree.  I have an M&F brush and in my opinion Wiborgs are equal to if not better.  But as you well know this is a very subjective subject.  What I like you may not and vice versa.  With Lee he may be an artist maybe not.  When I received my last brush from him in 2014.  I wrote back and said that in January I wanted to order 2 possibly 3 more brushes and he said fine let me know.  I then spent January to June writing back and forth we must have traded about 18 emails.  But guess what no brushes.  He kept writing back and every time gave me an excuse after excuse which in my opinion was BS.  I would have rather he did not write me at all.  Finally in June he said he had several brushes would I be interested.  So I did exactly what he normally does I never got back to him.

I used to be a member of another blog which we had a falling out and I am no longer a member.  I will not name them but it begins with a "B".  Before I owned a Wiborg I guy posted two photos of Wiborgs (he actually received four).  I thought they were incredibly good looking so I wrote him a private message and ask if he would tell me what he thought of the quality and performance.  He wrote me almost immediately and said that he owned 40 brushed.  Any body who has that many I am going to listen to.  He said 15 were custom Simpsons, the rest were Wiborg, ShaveMacs and others.  He said in his opinion the Wiborgs were as good as or better that M&F and the best part was he did not have to deal with Lee.  Lee may be an artist but in my opinion "The Juice Is Not Worth The Squeeze".

0 253
 08-06-2016, 01:37 PM
  • Viking
  • Artisan - Soap & Cosmetics
  • Ames, Iowa
User Info
Those are beauties! Very unique handle shapes and materials, the germans seem to have access to some wonderful handle material.

10 233
 08-06-2016, 09:38 PM
User Info
[Image: f0bd1b85a74a904c8b30b86f95e0d4ba.jpg]

Well worth the wait, in my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

0 155
 08-06-2016, 09:56 PM
User Info
(08-06-2016, 09:38 PM)apogee Wrote: [Image: f0bd1b85a74a904c8b30b86f95e0d4ba.jpg]

Well worth the wait, in my opinion.

Gesendet von meinem iPad mit Tapatalk

Man, that Wiborg is out of this world

11 489