08-09-2016, 02:33 PM
User Info
For reasons unknown, I went to the barber and got my head shaved today. Maybe it's the super hot summer weather, maybe a mid-life (OK, late-life) crisis, maybe it's the alignment of the stars—I have no idea.

Anyway, I really like it. And, I think I'll keep it that way (at least for now).

So, I'm going to start shaving my head. My guess is a couple times a week. Now, should I do it with my DE and be real careful? Or, pick up a cartridge or disposable razor and use that? I will, of course, use my finest badger and shaving soap, and follow with witch hazel and a light summer aftershave.

Never done this before. Obviously I can't see the back of my head, but I have a pretty steady hand, so I guess I can be careful. Almost never get a cut when shaving my face—but, I think a cartridge might be a little safer.

Advice?

1 417
 08-09-2016, 03:43 PM
User Info
Balding clippers.

Cartridge razor.

Injector razor.

Double Edge razor.

Just like your face. Use one hand and feel around between passes for missed spots. Don't go against the grain especiall if you have never had blade to scalp before. 

Get used to the feeling of having a bald head. 
Get used to your pillow feeling funny and the wind too. 

Use sunscreen and buy a new hat.

Carry a hanky to wipe the shine down once in a while.

Headblade sells a matte finish lotion if you have a really shiny head and want to tone it down.

Buy a sweatband or something else to keep sweat out of your eyes. You'll need it especially if you have a job or any hobbies where you get your hands dirty. Don't want to wipe your face and head all the time.

10 1,455
 08-10-2016, 06:56 AM
User Info
When I shave my head I use a GEM Clog-Pruf. As the name implies it doesn't clog easily. Every once in a while I'll go through a phase where I'll do it for a few weeks even though it's more "work" than giving my noggin a buzz cut every 2 weeks.

32 6,471
 08-12-2016, 06:54 AM
User Info
another David, another head shaver, generally use a fusion cartridge on head but not always. having gotten familiar with the moonscape I can use any razor if I am oh so careful. Never looked back from the barber taking everything off the top on a vacation to Las Vegas.  Well done

76 1,331