08-12-2016, 11:30 AM
User Info
Now that the dust has long since settled, I was wondering whether anybody here was still using the Seygus razor as a part of their regular rotation, and if anybody wanted to share any thoughts about the razor in terms of its performance, aesthetics, etc.  

I am looking at the blue anodized aluminum one and have been close to pulling the trigger, but I'd be interested in hearing thoughts before I do so.  Thanks in advance.

2 1,451
 08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
  • Harvey
  • North Hills CA
User Info
I have one and think it was worth the money...mild..effective and quite lightweight....has an interesting handle and the SB is almost an OC...real problem is most of us just have too many razors and once something isn,t the "razor of the month"....nobody seems to care or just moves on to the "next" one...probably depends on why you collect razors..for the shave or just to have the "HOT" one everyone talks about for a while.

6 2,022
 08-12-2016, 12:26 PM
User Info
I wrote a review of the Seygus.  I believe it would be helpful to you.  I hope it is okay that I post the link.  Apologies if it is not.

https://damnfineshave.com/thread-seygus-...rs?page=16

0 19
 08-12-2016, 12:31 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Extremely mild and I found that steel insert counter intuitive to the whole concept of a lightwieght, aluminum razor. Once you learn to adapt to it is an effective shaver. It does mar easilly if banged on anything and the anodising will eventually take on more 'trophys'. If you've ever had a maglite for a time it's the same.

2 3,171
 08-12-2016, 12:35 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Extremely mild and I found that steel insert counter intuitive to the whole concept of a lightwieght, aluminum razor. Once you learn to adapt to it is an effective shaver. It does mar easilly if banged on anything and the anodising will eventually take on more 'trophys'. If you've ever had a maglite for a time it's the same.

2 3,171
 08-12-2016, 12:55 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I still have mine and use it as part of my regular rotation. I wrote about my initial impressions in another thread here on TSN (sorry I'm out right now otherwise I'd link to it).

I still find it to be an excellent and underrated razor. It is on the mild side so I can see that it's not for everyone. That being said, I still find it surprisingly efficient and quite smooth. And I think it's light weight lends to it's intuitive nature as well. It is nothing earth shattering, but its quite a fine razor IMO and well worth a try if you don't mind razors on the mild side. I have a diverse collection of razors, including many sought-after ones, and I have no plans on ever getting rid of my Seygus...I really do like it Biggrin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 1,628
 08-12-2016, 03:02 PM
User Info
I tried one as part of a passaround and enjoyed it so much that I am now on the hunt for one.  Thumbs up in my book.

0 237
 08-12-2016, 07:50 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
On the mild side, but an excellent shaver. It's aluminum, and I prefer heavier razors, so I passed it on. I also wasn't knocked out by the aesthetics, but a very nice razor. Definitely worth a try!

60 843
 08-13-2016, 05:09 AM
User Info
I really like my Seygus but because I purchased so many razors over the last year, it doesn't get used as much as it should. It delivers a nice mild and comfortable shave. The look is unique and for me that's another plus. If you enjoy a mild shave I think you'll rally like it.

Ward

7 546
 08-15-2016, 05:54 AM
User Info
Thanks for the input, gentlemen.  I do prefer milder razors.  Sounds like this razor might be right up my alley.  

Always grateful for some good enabling!  Wink

2 1,451
 08-20-2016, 07:34 PM
  • SCOV
  • Minnesota
User Info
Hope you bought the Blue Seygus.  I purchased the Black Seygus early in 2016 and a favorite razor.  My other razor is long and fairly heavy OC - I never envisioned liking a mild light short razor.  My only complaint is I wished the razor was Blue (really a nice and unusual color).

4 389