08-02-2012, 05:23 AM
User Info
I picked up a bottle of this at the super market the other day ( Piggly Wiggly ... I just love typing that ).

It is a pale blue color, has one of those subtle modern aquatic scents, and is slightly cooling due to the alcohol and menthol in its ingredient list. The cooling effect is fairly subdued for something that has Ice in the name of the product though LOL. Packaging consists of a plastic bottle, with a standard reducer for shaking out the quantity you need.

Here is the ingredient list:
SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Menthol, Benzophenone 1, Ext. Violet 2, Blue 1.

You can see it has Vitamin E ( Tocopheryl Acetate ) and Provitamin B5 ( Panthenol ) both of which are supposedly good skin products. Glycerine is another 'goody' I like to see listed in my face products.

It goes on smooth for a product listing alcohol first. I haven't run into any undue burning with it, but I haven't had a chance to use it after a less than perfect shave either.

It's a nice enough little product, and for the price ( less than $4 ) I'll probably restock as I run out, but I don't think it's in any danger of becoming an every day use item. It runs in the same neighborhood scent-wise that Barbasol Pacific Rush lives in, and I prefer the menthol punch the Barbasol has.

0 252
 08-02-2012, 09:26 AM
User Info
Add more menthol to it.

0 35
 08-02-2012, 09:36 AM
User Info
(08-02-2012, 05:23 AM)GeneAut Wrote: I picked up a bottle of this at the super market the other day ( Piggly Wiggly ... I just love typing that ).

It is a pale blue color, has one of those subtle modern aquatic scents, and is slightly cooling due to the alcohol and menthol in its ingredient list. The cooling effect is fairly subdued for something that has Ice in the name of the product though LOL. Packaging consists of a plastic bottle, with a standard reducer for shaking out the quantity you need.

SD Alcohol 40-B, Water, Glycerin, Fragrance, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Menthol, Benzophenone 1, Ext. Violet 2, Blue 1.

You can see it has Vitamin E ( Tocopheryl Acetate ) and Provitamin B5 ( Panthenol ) both of which are supposedly good skin products. Glycerine is another 'goody' I like to see listed in my face products.

It goes on smooth for a product listing alcohol first. I haven't run into any undue burning with it, but I haven't had a chance to use it after a less than perfect shave either.

It's a nice enough little product, and for the price ( less than $4 ) I'll probably restock as I run out, but I don't think it's in any danger of becoming an every day use item. It runs in the same neighborhood scent-wise that Barbasol Pacific Rush lives in, and I prefer the menthol punch the Barbasol has.

Geno, where do you fine the Pacific Rush?

0 241
 08-02-2012, 09:42 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
From my expirence almost all Dollar General's have the Pacific Ruch and the Brisk both by Barbasol. Both a dollar and each a great value. The brisk is very similar to Skin Bracer.

45 3,955
 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
User Info
(08-02-2012, 09:36 AM)Ecosse Wrote:
(08-02-2012, 05:23 AM)GeneAut Wrote: I picked up a bottle of this at the super market the other day ( Piggly Wiggly ... I just love typing that ).

Geno, where do you fine the Pacific Rush?

Dollar General Smile

If you can't locate one in your area holler at me and I'll figure out a way to get some to you.

0 252