01-08-2017, 05:53 AM
User Info
Thanks for clarifying. Would you be able to give the gap measurements for each setting? Thanks

4 619
 01-08-2017, 06:37 AM
User Info
(01-07-2017, 07:46 PM)snowman Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 05:55 PM)Shave Monkey Wrote: I love mine....shaved with it today. Very smooth shaver. I highly recommend it.

Can you please elaborate? How is the adjusting mechanism? Is it firm or loose. How would you describe the aggressiveness of each setting? And what's your favorite one? Does changing he setting change both the gap and exposure? Maybe the maker can answer this one! Thanks in advance

The adjusting mechanism is firm and smooth turning, like the Progress. I have not used the higher settings yet, but plan to do mmy next WTG with it. I have been doing WTG at 4......XTG at around 2 to 2.5......ATG at 1.5 to 2 (mine does not go to 1 with a blade loaded).
All settings are very smooth. This is one of my favorite razors, for sure.

6 353
 01-08-2017, 07:11 AM
User Info
(01-08-2017, 06:37 AM)Shave Monkey Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 07:46 PM)snowman Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 05:55 PM)Shave Monkey Wrote: I love mine....shaved with it today. Very smooth shaver. I highly recommend it.

Can you please elaborate? How is the adjusting mechanism? Is it firm or loose. How would you describe the aggressiveness of each setting? And what's your favorite one? Does changing he setting change both the gap and exposure? Maybe the maker can answer this one! Thanks in advance

The adjusting mechanism, (mine does not go to 1 with a blade loaded).

It should have, there should have happened in the assembly since each handle is paired with a topcap, we can send a new handle and a ring for it. Could you please PM me regarding the issue you are having so we can talk further. 

PS. If anyone having a similar issue, please contact me.

16 443
 01-11-2017, 05:11 AM
  • shawn
  • Iowa
User Info
Wow that looks awesome would definitely be interested

1 49
 01-28-2017, 04:40 AM
User Info
It's available on Bullgoose site in 2 different finishes now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 92
 01-28-2017, 06:57 PM
User Info
Does anyone know if all of these will have the brass bezel going forward?

10 111
 01-28-2017, 07:13 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(01-28-2017, 06:57 PM)Manning Wrote: Does anyone know if all of these will have the brass bezel going forward?

I know that all of the B&R Adjustable razors that I currently have in stock have the brass ring but, I cannot predict the future.

45 16,837
 01-29-2017, 03:16 AM
User Info
(01-28-2017, 06:57 PM)Manning Wrote: Does anyone know if all of these will have the brass bezel going forward?

Thats correct, they will be bezeled.

16 443
 01-29-2017, 05:17 AM
User Info
Ok thanks. Ive been in the fence but ordered the polished version last night and looking forward to seeing it in person.

10 111
 01-29-2017, 05:18 AM
User Info
(01-29-2017, 05:17 AM)Manning Wrote: Ok thanks. Ive been in the fence but ordered the polished version last night and looking forward to seeing it in person.

Hope you enjoy it sir.. Would love to hear your thoughts.

16 443
 01-29-2017, 09:02 AM
User Info
I am going to follow this very closely....wonder how it shaves compared to Blackbird ?

4 215
 02-05-2017, 10:08 AM
User Info
(08-26-2016, 12:39 AM)ben74 Wrote:
(08-25-2016, 02:56 PM)bullgoose Wrote: Hasan was kind enough to send me a prototype of the Barbaros adjustable razor. I unwrapped it about an hour ago and my first impressions are very favorable. The machining is well done, it has nice balance and heft and the adjustment mechanism is very smooth. I plan to use it for tomorrow's shave and will give my impressions. Here are a few quick pictures.

[Image: WDATLSf.jpg][Image: YdQ8yt0.jpg][Image: MUCoVJ7.jpg][Image: IHaOsuC.jpg][Image: DljTKVB.jpg]

Looks great Phil, thanks for the pics. I'm very keen to learn your opinion after tomorrow's shave.

Should have pictured it with some Arko, or Dalin d'men shaving stick or cream, and kept it all Turkish.  

I just ordered one and am glad to see some quality products coming out of Turkey.  I spent two years in Izmir back in the 1970's with my new wife, courtesy of the USAF and we totally enjoyed the time there.

0 8
 02-05-2017, 11:34 AM
  • ddk13
  • Nebraska
User Info
self deleted

35 532
 02-05-2017, 11:40 AM
User Info
Here are a few photos of mine.  It is the newer version with the brass collar.  It looks very nice in person and the finishing is on the whole very good. It is not on par with Wolfman for example, but I would say on the whole it beats out most other competition--it is hard to find too many faults.  Its on par or beats out with Above the Tie for example.  If I were to be a stickler, the adjustment marking is a tad off center, but when adjusted to 1 it is dead on the number.  I do wish the numbers were a bit blacker, they are not as black in person as they appear in the photographs.  If it starts to bother me too much I could always paint them black.  I doubt I will do that though as they are still very visible. I will also say that the engraving work--logo on the top, under the baseplate, and on the handle is very well done. 

The shave is very good and can of course be dialed from 1, which is maybe the most mild razor I have ever attempted to use up to essentially something beyond a 16, which would be far too aggressive for me.  I have gotten good results on a 5 for the initial pass and 3 for subsequent passes.  It keeps the blade very rigid, which to me is something very important. As a point of reference I pretty much exclusively use SEs now and for DEs I have only kept my Mergress razors. So, I do like adjustable DEs.  Compared to the Mergress, I do prefer the B&R by a pretty wide margin, but I certainly would not get rig of my Mergress' either. To me it feels like a heavier and sturdier Fatboy crossed with a Progress. The new brass collar and adjustment indicator certainly harken back to the Fatboy, which in my opinion is quite a welcome homage. BTW it is a heavy razor weighing in at 144 grams on my scale. 

Mechanically the razor is very good.  Essentially what you've got is a spring loaded baseplate with the screw tightening itself (where the handle attaches to the baseplate) being the adjustment mechanism.  It is fairly rudimentary, but hopefully it will hold up over time.  It does come with an extra spring should it be needed. The baseplate has very little play and keeps the razor aligned quite nicely.  

The main negative is price, it is on the high side so that is a YMMV thing, but for me the price was worth it given the option to obtain an stainless steel adjustable razor with this fit and finish. It is certainly a razor I plan on keeping.

As a tip, use the B&R logo on the top cap to determine which way the head should be going.  If you look at the razor with the adjustment indicator facing you, you should also be looking at the logo right side up, if the logo is upside down you have placed it on the wrong way and when tightened down, you will not end up on one. 

[Image: zLmncJe.jpg][Image: P6CU2N6.jpg][Image: F3xNaon.jpg]

10 111
 02-05-2017, 05:20 PM
User Info
Very nice looking razor.  I'll wait until my Rockwell Model T arrives to decide if I need another adjustable razor.

It's not clear from the photos (most do not appear to have a bladed loaded) if the end tabs of the blade extend out of the head (a pet peeve).  Sorry I this has been mentioned already, but I didn't see it.

This is sure a lot heavier than my Alumigoose at 50 grams!  I guess it's hard to avoid some extra weight for an adjustable razor.

0 42
 02-06-2017, 07:22 AM
User Info
(01-08-2017, 07:11 AM)Barbaros Razors Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 06:37 AM)Shave Monkey Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 07:46 PM)snowman Wrote: Can you please elaborate? How is the adjusting mechanism? Is it firm or loose. How would you describe the aggressiveness of each setting? And what's your favorite one? Does changing he setting change both the gap and exposure? Maybe the maker can answer this one! Thanks in advance

The adjusting mechanism, (mine does not go to 1 with a blade loaded).

I do. With blade loaded it indicates 5.5. Otherwise, an excellent razor.

It should have, there should have happened in the assembly since each handle is paired with a topcap, we can send a new handle and a ring for it. Could you please PM me regarding the issue you are having so we can talk further. 

0 14
 02-09-2017, 11:21 AM
User Info
(02-06-2017, 07:22 AM)challer Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 07:11 AM)Barbaros Razors Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 06:37 AM)Shave Monkey Wrote: The adjusting mechanism, (mine does not go to 1 with a blade loaded).

I do. With blade loaded it indicates 5.5. Otherwise, an excellent razor.

If your razor is stopping on 5.5, I would imagine you have the top/head on upside down. Check that and see if that fixes the issue.

10 111
 02-11-2017, 09:31 AM
User Info
Great shave this morning with my new B&R!! Anybody know the absolute correct way to screw the handle back on so it's spot on with the adjustable settings? I have had the best results with the dash on the base plate facing the bottom of the B&R on the top cap and then pushing down and start just before the 1 on the handle and it seems to end up tight just before the 1. Any suggestions out there or is this correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 359
 02-11-2017, 10:27 AM
User Info
The only thing I make sure of is to make sure the logo is facing the indexing line properly.  PLUS, for the razor to properly index, it must contain a blade.  Congrats on a nice razor!

0 102
 02-11-2017, 05:51 PM
User Info
Used mine this morning, I feel this is a razor flying under the radar. Effortlessly delivers an incredibly smooth and efficient shave.

3 236