02-11-2017, 06:01 PM
User Info
(02-11-2017, 05:51 PM)Pomfretsteve Wrote: Used mine this morning, I feel this is a razor flying under the radar. Effortlessly delivers an incredibly smooth and efficient shave.
I don't have one to be clear. Obviously there are a lot of great stainless steel razors lb the market now. But I wonder if this is because, at least in my experience, we find one setting and then stick with it. On my fatboy, that's how I use it, I never change the setting. This is why I have not bought one. But I certainly have heard the case for a more aggressive first pass followed by a milder second pass. I think I remember reading that wolfman offers different blade gaps in each side of his DE heads if requested. All that being said, this looks like a great razor all around. How are you using this razor?

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

3 292
 02-13-2017, 09:11 AM
User Info
(02-11-2017, 06:01 PM)NickMach007 Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 05:51 PM)Pomfretsteve Wrote: Used mine this morning, I feel this is a razor flying under the radar. Effortlessly delivers an incredibly smooth and efficient shave.
I don't have one to be clear. Obviously there are a lot of great stainless steel razors lb the market now. But I wonder if this is because, at least in my experience, we find one setting and then stick with it. On my fatboy, that's how I use it, I never change the setting. This is why I have not bought one. But I certainly have heard the case for a more aggressive first pass followed by a milder second pass. I think I remember reading that wolfman offers different blade gaps in each side of his DE heads if requested. All that being said, this looks like a great razor all around. How are you using this razor?

I don't change my settings between passes either, it's on the same setting for each pass. That being said the shave this delivers for me on setting 7 is equal to or better than every other DE razor in my den, its the smoothness it imparts while getting there that I really appreciate. It takes the comfort from the Barbaros TR-1 (super smooth but more mild than I prefer) and combines it with the efficiency of my whisker obliterators (R41, Timeless .95 gap, Charcoal Goods, etc...) 

Honestly this was an impulse buy that I was expecting to not be very impressed by, but the more I use it the more I enjoy it. I think the beauty of this razor is in the fact that anyone can enjoy it regardless if you like mild or aggressive razors. You can find your sweet spot without having to change base plates or buy 3-4 different head iterations to see which one suits you. It's less about changing your settings on the fly and more about having a razor you can customize very easily.

3 247
 02-13-2017, 09:18 AM
User Info
Yes, that is definitely the benefit of adv adjustable. Makes perfect sense. Glad you are enjoying it!

3 292
 02-18-2017, 04:54 AM
User Info
(01-08-2017, 07:11 AM)Barbaros Razors Wrote:
(01-08-2017, 06:37 AM)Shave Monkey Wrote:
(01-07-2017, 07:46 PM)snowman Wrote: Can you please elaborate? How is the adjusting mechanism? Is it firm or loose. How would you describe the aggressiveness of each setting? And what's your favorite one? Does changing he setting change both the gap and exposure? Maybe the maker can answer this one! Thanks in advance

The adjusting mechanism, (mine does not go to 1 with a blade loaded).

It should have, there should have happened in the assembly since each handle is paired with a topcap, we can send a new handle and a ring for it. Could you please PM me regarding the issue you are having so we can talk further. 

PS. If anyone having a similar issue, please contact me.

Mine did not either.  It closed to about 2.5 or a little less with blade installed.   I contacted Phil and he requested pictures which I sent.  Hassan provided some pictures also suggesting that the nut(screw) was tightened so it extended above the top plate, but it was not, and that I had disassembled the razor , which I had not done so except to install a blade.   Finally I was bored the next rainy weekend so really took a close look, then took it out to my little workshop, got a piece of 320 grit w/d  sandpaper and started honing off a little bit at a time some of the metal on the end of the collar part of the baseplate.  It slowly brought the #1 into position with the index mark on the baseplate when snugged all the way....  I have not heard anything since except for a comment from Phil that he was glad that I "fixed" it and that he did not thing he could have done so.   I'm wondering what Hassan thought??  This was simply a process of fitting the handle to the baseplate.

0 8
 02-19-2017, 01:13 PM
User Info
(02-18-2017, 04:54 AM)jkingrph Wrote: Mine did not either. It closed to about 2.5 or a little less with blade installed. I contacted Phil and he requested pictures which I sent. Hassan provided some pictures also suggesting that the nut(screw) was tightened so it extended above the top plate, but it was not, and that I had disassembled the razor , which I had not done so except to install a blade. Finally I was bored the next rainy weekend so really took a close look, then took it out to my little workshop, got a piece of 320 grit w/d sandpaper and started honing off a little bit at a time some of the metal on the end of the collar part of the baseplate. It slowly brought the #1 into position with the index mark on the baseplate when snugged all the way.... I have not heard anything since except for a comment from Phil that he was glad that I "fixed" it and that he did not thing he could have done so. I'm wondering what Hassan thought?? This was simply a process of fitting the handle to the baseplate.

Sorry for my late reply. I’m happy to hear that you resolved the issue. I don’t know whether we did good or not leaving the screw unfixed. We took gluing it into consideration but it will make a permanent fix and users wouldnt be able to disassemble it. So we decided to keep it this way. The screw is the first thing coming into my mind since its occurrence is more frequent. The second thing is that (I didn’t think when i heard it in the first place) the handle was mistakenly swapped with another because we glue the ring by putting a blade into the razor and mark the #1 aligning with the index, then glue the ring.

I understand that this is something we must operate more careful, I admit that we have to make a better QC. I’m very sorry for this inconveniences.

Hasan

16 443
 02-19-2017, 01:24 PM
User Info
(02-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Barbaros Razors Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 04:54 AM)jkingrph Wrote: Mine did not either. It closed to about 2.5 or a little less with blade installed. I contacted Phil and he requested pictures which I sent. Hassan provided some pictures also suggesting that the nut(screw) was tightened so it extended above the top plate, but it was not, and that I had disassembled the razor , which I had not done so except to install a blade. Finally I was bored the next rainy weekend so really took a close look, then took it out to my little workshop, got a piece of 320 grit w/d sandpaper and started honing off a little bit at a time some of the metal on the end of the collar part of the baseplate. It slowly brought the #1 into position with the index mark on the baseplate when snugged all the way.... I have not heard anything since except for a comment from Phil that he was glad that I "fixed" it and that he did not thing he could have done so. I'm wondering what Hassan thought?? This was simply a process of fitting the handle to the baseplate.

Sorry for my late reply. I’m happy to hear that you resolved the issue. I don’t know whether we did good or not leaving the screw unfixed. We took gluing it into consideration but it will make a permanent fix and users wouldnt be able to disassemble it. So we decided to keep it this way. The screw is the first thing coming into my mind since its occurrence is more frequent. The second thing is that (I didn’t think when i heard it in the first place) the handle was mistakenly swapped with another because we glue the ring by putting a blade into the razor and mark the #1 aligning with the index, then glue the ring.

I understand that this is something we must operate more careful, I admit that we have to make a better QC. I’m very sorry for this inconveniences.

Hasan

Hasan,
When is the TR-2 coming to Bullgoose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

0 382
 02-19-2017, 01:29 PM
User Info
(02-19-2017, 01:24 PM)gmhjr06 Wrote:
(02-19-2017, 01:13 PM)Barbaros Razors Wrote:
(02-18-2017, 04:54 AM)jkingrph Wrote: Mine did not either.  It closed to about 2.5 or a little less with blade installed.   I contacted Phil and he requested pictures which I sent.  Hassan provided some pictures also suggesting that the nut(screw) was tightened so it extended above the top plate, but it was not, and that I had disassembled the razor , which I had not done so except to install a blade.   Finally I was bored the next rainy weekend so really took a close look, then took it out to my little workshop, got a piece of 320 grit w/d  sandpaper and started honing off a little bit at a time some of the metal on the end of the collar part of the baseplate.  It slowly brought the #1 into position with the index mark on the baseplate when snugged all the way....  I have not heard anything since except for a comment from Phil that he was glad that I "fixed" it and that he did not thing he could have done so.   I'm wondering what Hassan thought??  This was simply a process of fitting the handle to the baseplate.

Hasan

Hasan,
When is the TR-2 coming to Bullgoose?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have very limited time for the polishing and it throws the schedule further. I estimate it may happen in late March, but cant promise about that.

16 443