08-16-2016, 07:09 PM
User Info
Wondered if anyone was familiar with this bath soap?  Milled seven times seems like it would be dense.  

https://clausporto.com/us/shop/collections/deco/chypre

26 243
 08-16-2016, 07:47 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
BULLGOOSE carried one of their soaps on a rope at one time. I bought a few before it was discontinued and really enjoyed it. A Nieghbor passed on their TANGO
logo soap because " It's to sissy for me, but I know you like that dance"? I held my counsel on that crack, he going through a groomsman gift basket and handing over all kinds of sissy stuff like portuguese sardines and cheese and a bottle of red wine. I swapped a quart of Miller High Life for that one. They aren't inexpensive. But the packaging alone is on par with Hermes -soap excellent and evokes a sort of Art Deco elan.

2 3,171
 08-16-2016, 08:50 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have not tried that scent but, the Claus Porto bath soaps are excellent.

45 17,414
 08-17-2016, 12:43 AM
User Info
I own a number of bath soaps from Claus Porto (love that first name of his, has nothing to do with Portugal at all  Biggrin )

Claus Porto, I believe, is under the Ach Brito brand, that also makes Musgo Real.

You see a lot of parallels between the 3 brands.

Claus Porto soaps often has Ach Brito written on the soap, when you open it up.
Musgo Real pre glycerine soap has Ach Brito written on the top also and IMHO is identical to the much cheaper Ach Brito glycerine pre shave soap.

It's all quality made stuff, in Europe they can be purchased for pretty reasonable prices.

Also take a look at the Portus Cale bath soaps - not sure if Ach Brito also owns that brand, but their bath soaps are also quality stuff.

24 5,618
 08-17-2016, 06:18 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
The company was founded by two germans. They later brought in Ach Brito as a partner. In WW1 they had to return to Germany and Ach became sole owner and merged it with the company bearing his name. It's all the same product. I look at the inventive ephemera and names of artisan soaps and
CP still outdoes them all.

2 3,171
 08-19-2016, 04:57 PM
User Info
Thanks guys, I finished off a big lot of Savon de Marseille and am looking to make a big soap order.  I am really digging the art deco packaging. I am sorry for not replying sooner, I thought I had subscribed, but apparently not.  I really enjoyed the Pre de Provence 63 bath soap.  It cost $8, but lasted forever, probably cheaper in that regard than ordinary bath bars from the supermarket.

26 243