Poll: RazoRock Mission VS Parker 99R VS Parker 26C VS Merkur Progress
 08-19-2016, 06:29 AM
User Info
hello I am currently using in Edwin Jagger DE98L and this is Mild for me because I have heavy + coarse beard.
In recent days, I was looking for something more aggressive from EJDE89L To cut my beard more easily and in less passes.
It should be noted i do only 2 passes With The Grain in my shaving Because the other things Xtg + Atg not suitable for my skin, and I want the best shaving results with WTG passes.

These are the best options for me, please help me choose the best razor among all those:
RazoRock Mission, or Parker 99R, or Parker 26C, or 
Merkur Progress .

Thank you...

0 58
 08-19-2016, 07:00 AM
User Info
Probably the Progress.  Since it's adjustable, you could find the setting that works best for your beard.  It's an easy, smooth shaver, too.  I think the Parker 26C is pretty mild, maybe even milder than your DE89.

2 1,390
 08-19-2016, 09:02 AM
User Info
Merkur Progress, or you could just try one or two shims in your EJ DE89. Shy

82 21,056
 08-19-2016, 09:27 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Your choices seem to reflect budget? The Parker opencombs may be 'mild' but for heavy beards the design is a winner. I have a brief review on BULLGOOSE. I love my Mergress based on Merkurs Progress. But some people have expressed concerns in the progress' less precise adjustments. If I may go outside your list? The Merkur SLANT is very efficient with heavy beards.

2 3,171
 08-19-2016, 11:29 AM
User Info
(08-19-2016, 09:27 AM)kav Wrote: Your choices seem to reflect budget? The Parker opencombs may be 'mild' but for heavy beards the design is a winner. I have a brief review on BULLGOOSE.  I love my Mergress based on Merkurs Progress. But some people have expressed concerns in the progress' less precise adjustments. If I may go outside your list? The Merkur SLANT is very efficient with heavy beards.

It can be the slant is effective but, i do not like the look of this ...

for me its looks weird..

0 58
 08-20-2016, 12:31 AM
User Info
(08-19-2016, 09:27 AM)kav Wrote: Your choices seem to reflect budget? The Parker opencombs may be 'mild' but for heavy beards the design is a winner. I have a brief review on BULLGOOSE.  I love my Mergress based on Merkurs Progress. But some people have expressed concerns in the progress' less precise adjustments. If I may go outside your list? The Merkur SLANT is very efficient with heavy beards.

why the Mergress is better than the progress ??
What are the differences between them?
TNX ..

0 58