08-19-2016, 11:08 PM
User Info
Ever had a soap that just confused you? Tabac confused me at first and I didn't like it. That was 2 years ago or so. Now I love it.

I ordered 9 soaps from Stirling and I tried Ozark today and it's one of those confusing soaps. It performed great. Not as much slickness as I generally like but it lathered very well and was protective. The scent however is one of those things I can't decide if I like it or not. It sort of smells like a dusty antique shop to me....but a couple of hours later it's lingering on my skin and it's now pleasant.

I'll have to give it more time and a couple more shaves to really decide. It might grow on me, it might not.

Have any of you had any soaps that initially were off-putting but you later liked?

1 283
 08-20-2016, 05:04 AM
  • Coyote
  • Hondo, TX USA
User Info
Ozark Mountain is one of three Stirling soaps I have settled on in my rotation. I am on my 3rd jar..................

As with most things shaving, YMMV.

4 2,693
 08-20-2016, 06:29 AM
User Info
Oh I think the scent is fantastic.  You might like it a bit more in the winter time.  That sort of sweet pine, woodsy smell is excellent and I love it around the holidays.

1 468
 08-20-2016, 09:56 PM
User Info
I didn't like Ozark trail. It reminded me of some type of household cleaner I've smelled before like pinesol or something. Stirling soap kinda dries my skin out. Maybe it just doesn't agree with me personally.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

0 33
 08-22-2016, 08:40 PM
User Info
I'm glad someone else is confused about this one. I got the sample and it was very potent and I thought it was amazing. Then after further thought, I wasn't sure if I liked it. To this day I'm still not sure. I don't own the soap.

2 52
 08-23-2016, 06:07 AM
User Info
I had a sample of it thrown in with some soaps I bought.  I don't really do woodsy or earthy scents (I'm all about citrus and floral), so I never would have ordered anything anywhere near this.  At first, I thought it smelled terrible.  Surprisingly, though, over time I didn't mind it.  By the last shave of the sample I had grown to actually enjoy it a bit.

2 1,390
 08-27-2016, 10:02 AM
User Info
I, too, received one in a trade.

It was a "bodyguard/bonus," puck.

I had the strangest experience. I hated the scent because it's not my thing, but I was impressed with the execution and how is was a very organic smelling expression of what it's supposed to be.
In other words, if I liked that style of scent, I would have been all over it. 

I sold it in a soap sampler and it vanished in less than 10 minutes. Go figure!

0 28
 08-27-2016, 01:33 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Ozark Mountain is probably the worst smelling soap that I've ever smelled. But then, I'm sure others would think the same thing about some of the soaps I enjoy.

38 5,031