08-22-2016, 08:47 PM
User Info
So many threads talk about Artique, and Cryogen, and the various Stirling soaps that have a lot of menthol. But I am not very tolerant of it, despite liking the 'fresh' feeling. Sure, there's Proraso Green, it's well regarded and not very heavy on menthol, but the eucalyptus scent is not my favorite.

I'm pleased to post about a different option, with just a hint of menthol (less than Proraso Green) - Arko Moist Cream.  Don't let the name scare you off if you hate the scent of the shave stick. Arko cream is a mild, soapy smell, like Irish Spring, not the very strong industrial/commercial soap smell of the stick. And it's about the same price as Proraso per gram (a tube is approx $6 for 100g compared to $10 for 150g). Side note for travelers - since it's a 96mL tube you can carry it on a plane!

After my first shave I'd put it in the ballpark as Proraso, not higher but maybe slightly below - I reserve the right to edit this post after dialing in the soap-to-water ratio (I added too much on the third pass), so I will remember that it isn't as thirsty as the soaps I'm more accustomed to.

6 680
 08-23-2016, 03:36 AM
User Info
Sounds very interesting

1 53
 08-28-2016, 06:18 AM
  • JAYDEE
  • Israeli Ambassador
  • Montreal, Canada
User Info
Arko Moist's menthol sensation is so subdued that it's not really noticeable. Perhaps on the second pass you'll feel a little more cooling from it. On the other hand, the Arko Ice Mint is what you can call quite cooling.

3 2,626
 08-28-2016, 11:18 AM
User Info
(08-28-2016, 06:18 AM)JAYDEE Wrote: Arko Moist's menthol sensation is so subdued that it's not really noticeable. Perhaps on the second pass you'll feel a little more cooling from it. On the other hand, the Arko Ice Mint is what you can call quite cooling.
Yeah, subdued is a good way to put it. I like that it's so mild - you do feel it again when you slash cold water on your face after the shave too.

6 680