08-27-2016, 06:26 AM
  • Manning
  • Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
User Info
I have a couple of razors and brushes for sale today. Just trying to clear out items I no longer use.  Prices include shipping within the US Payment by PayPal only please.  Happy to throw in a couple blades on the razors if needed to get you up and running ASAP.  Just let me know. Prices should be fair, but if not let me know.  I havent been around the forums as much lately as I used to be. 

1. Alumigoose V1 - $75 - SOLD - No longer in production.  Went for $75 new I think - A rare bird here that offers a unique shave.  Wonderful razor just hasnt gotten much use.  Probably used 10-15 times. Original box and packaging included. 

[Image: 48pnxDx.jpg]

2. Mongoose Satin SS V2 - $125 SOLD - Looks like these retail for $175 - This version no longer in production of course - Original box and packaging included.  Very good condition. Just not getting any use. Dr. Bomber handle. 

[Image: OdFZ5Cd.jpg]

3. Jurgen Hempel SS Bamboo Wave - $65 - SOLD - Originally Paid $75 from Bullgoose - Beautiful condition, but no longer in use. 

[Image: pIsNKjg.jpg]

3. Phyl8 LE Number 126 - $100 - SOLD - No longer in production, dont recall original price, but it as higher than $100 - Wonderful Simpson Best knot - Rarely used, probably less than 10 times. No issues. Comes with box and all original packaging. 

[Image: rEUFXHH.jpg][Image: CNpG2yP.jpg][Image: lxHzaz3.jpg][Image: iLI8iQq.jpg]

4. Simpson LE M6 Manchurian Badger Number 111 - $135 - SOLD - No longer in production, but I think they were around $175 new - Excellent Brush in excellent condition.  Again, just not in use anymore. Used probably 20-30 times, but not in a long time.  No issues.  Comes with original box and paperwork. 

[Image: jkRdgbv.jpg][Image: ybgRslu.jpg][Image: g94Pnqi.jpg][Image: TsvljgW.jpg]

5. Simpsons Chubby 2 Best - $125 - New it looks like $178 is the going rate - Last, but certainly not least.  Wonderful brush, knot is closer to Super than Best in my opinion.  Paint is a little faded as shown.  I just have completely gotten away from larger knotted brushes.  Probably used around 20 times but its been sitting idle for some time.  I will note that there is a slight dimple in the top of the knot where it looks like a few hairs were set lower than the rest.  Certainly does not affect density as shown in photos, but I wanted to note it.  Comes with original box and paperwork. Great chance to own a Chubby at a good price.

[Image: fcxi9bj.jpg]

[Image: LhZYsyM.jpg][Image: cQhCHKU.jpg]

13 148
 08-31-2016, 11:14 PM
User Info
The dimple in the middle comes from using roound strokes lathering and loading.  As a bush wears you tend to dig a hole in the middle.  Try linear painting strokes both lathering and especially loading if you are pressing hard

1 53
 09-01-2016, 05:13 AM
  • Manning
User Info
(08-31-2016, 11:14 PM)faceliftdr Wrote: The dimple in the middle comes from using roound strokes lathering and loading.  As a bush wears you tend to dig a hole in the middle.  Try linear painting strokes both lathering and especially loading if you are pressing hard

The brush came like this from Simpson and the dimple is small and in the outter edge as shown in the picture. No damage to brush from circular strokes.

13 148
 09-01-2016, 11:01 AM
User Info
(09-01-2016, 05:13 AM)Manning Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 11:14 PM)faceliftdr Wrote: The dimple in the middle comes from using roound strokes lathering and loading.  As a bush wears you tend to dig a hole in the middle.  Try linear painting strokes both lathering and especially loading if you are pressing hard

The brush came like this from Simpson and the dimple is small and in the outter edge as shown in the picture. No damage to brush from circular strokes.

I've had brand new brushes from different manufacturers that have came with that "dimple" as well.

0 265
 09-01-2016, 02:01 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
Hey there, what are the knot dimensions for the P8, please?

129 320
 09-01-2016, 04:12 PM
  • Manning
User Info
(09-01-2016, 02:01 PM)TONE_Shaves Wrote: Hey there, what are the knot dimensions for the P8, please?

I will have to get my calipers out later, but it's essentially a Duke 3 knot.

13 148
 09-03-2016, 05:45 AM
  • Manning
User Info
(09-01-2016, 02:01 PM)TONE_Shaves Wrote: Hey there, what are the knot dimensions for the P8, please?

I can't seem to find my calipers but here is a discussion of the knot. I would describe it as Ben does in this thread. 

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=17944

13 148
 09-03-2016, 07:48 AM
User Info

Bruh this is more false information. OP said the knot was used around 20 times. This type of damage will not occur with such a small amount of use unless you are using the brush with the ferocity of a dinosaur. What OP is describing is most likely a minor QA issue. Please know what you are saying before you post here.

63 1,721