08-27-2016, 12:03 PM
User Info
On July 7 of his year, I posted a thread about my first experience with a stone brush handle.  That particular brush was a Bob Quinn (Elite Razor) with a Bloody Basin Jasper handle and the thread can be found here:

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=42786

I've continued to use that brush on a regular basis and enjoy the feel of the stone handle.  I decided to add a second stone brush to my collection.  Going through Bob's website (eliterazor.com) I decided I liked the Gold Laced Onyx, which is a black featuring gold veins.  I wanted something different from what Bob was displaying at that time, so I told him what I had in mind. As usual, he delivered a gem.

Here is Bob's picture of the brush before it was shipped to me:

[Image: 7nFaItM.jpg]  
Here is the brush immediately after arriving and being unwrapped:

[Image: 9EWjy5g.jpg]

And here is the brush, dry, after three shaves:

[Image: tvQzgRi.jpg] 

The following two pictures are included to give you a perspective on the size of the brush:

[Image: fwSPuBJ.jpg]

[Image: Hmursfb.jpg]

I again decided to go with one of Bob's new knots, which he is sourcing directly from China and are made to his specifications.  I previously wrote two threads about these knots, and they can be read here:

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=41837

http://shavenook.com/showthread.php?tid=42023

My Manchurian White 2-band knot measures approximately 25.50mm at the top of the handle, and is set to a loft of 49+mm.  My opinion of these knots remains the same.  Excellent backbone, density and flow, with soft tips and no scritch whatsoever.  This is my third Bob Quinn knot and they have been this good consistently.  These knots can be purchased as part of a custom brush, or by themselves.  In terms of price, they are more expensive than TGN, and slighly less expensive than either WSP or EnvyWhite.

[Image: 9fLy2fz.jpg]

These knots, combined with Bob's superbly crafted handles, do elevate custom brushes to a new level.

50 6,404
 08-27-2016, 12:08 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
Great looking brush!

46 18,604
 08-27-2016, 12:22 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Very nice. Congratulations.

38 5,193
 08-27-2016, 12:25 PM
User Info
That's a beauty, enjoy.

10 1,705
 08-27-2016, 12:29 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Ricardo, your new brush is quite the looker. Your enthusiasm for these brushes is fueling my BAD - been spending way too much time drooling over at Mr. Quinn's website.

Enjoy your shaves Smile

7 2,354
 08-27-2016, 02:08 PM
User Info
Ricardo that is a beautiful brush. I have you as one of the primary people here to thank for helping me discover Bobs brushes. I've got two more of his Manchurian white knots coming in Rudy Vey handles. 

Your brush is a beauty. These knots are everything Ricardo says they are. Soft, dense and with nice solid backbone. They are an incredible deal.

Congrats on the new brush. I eventually need to try a stone brush out.

1 468
 08-27-2016, 03:24 PM
User Info
Very Nice color choice..
I am a big fan of the new knots, too

23 290
 08-27-2016, 03:28 PM
User Info
Beautiful brush Ric! Thanks for the review.  Thumbup

16 1,979