08-03-2012, 07:08 AM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
(I just posted this in the Shopping forum, but since they sell out so fast I thought I'd post here as well to make sure no one missed it)

The Weber DLC head is now available with either the Bulldog or Classic handle.

Both handles are also available by themselves, but the DLC head is not available for purchase by itself (unlike the ARC a couple of weeks ago).

Weber site:
http://www.weberrazor.com/

To purchase:
http://weberrazor.hostedbyamazon.com/

52 785
 08-03-2012, 10:23 AM
  • tgutc
  • Michigan
User Info
I just ordered a DLC with Bulldog handle. I've been checking daily for about a week because I doubt they will last long.

45 3,955
 08-03-2012, 10:37 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Great news!

86 7,123
 08-03-2012, 04:04 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Get in quick, I love my DLC (it's one of the very few safety bar razors that I use).

91 17,795
 08-03-2012, 04:40 PM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
I'm in time! Biggrin Hope it shaves as well as the ARC. Exciting as we have been waiting.

42 1,041
 08-03-2012, 05:59 PM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Great news but Weber never seems to make a lot so if you want one don't delay. They sell out fast.

100 12,437
 08-03-2012, 06:27 PM
  • greyhawk
  • Southern California
User Info
I have a black BRW "Lite" handle...I'm hoping the finish of the DLC head is somewhat similar. An all-black razor would be pretty cool.

52 785
 08-03-2012, 08:23 PM
User Info
Weber DLC with a classic handle headed my way!

Can't wait to try it out

0 51
 08-03-2012, 08:44 PM
User Info
Boy, this is very tempting. How long can i resist?

75 20,883
 08-04-2012, 03:26 PM
  • Jack
  • Old School
  • Long Island
User Info
(08-03-2012, 06:27 PM)greyhawk Wrote: I have a black BRW "Lite" handle...I'm hoping the finish of the DLC head is somewhat similar. An all-black razor would be pretty cool.

I have a DLC Classic on the way - all-black razor, sign me up

0 161
 08-06-2012, 09:15 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
Got an initial shave from the quickly delivered DLC. Just fantastic. I can't detect any difference between this and the ARC......very smooth. Probably have shaved with most DE's over the years and these Weber's just simply win. Maybe it's the coating and similarity to the Merkur HD. Yet so much smoother with a thinner head than the DE89. The razor came out tight. No defects in the head at all. Pairs beautifully with a Super Iridium.

ARC on Left with Ikon Bulldog handle
DLC on right with Weber Bulldog handle
Paired with a M&F Chubby this AM![attachment=4671]

42 1,041
 08-07-2012, 02:53 AM
  • VTMAX
  • Banned
  • Woodstock, Vermont
User Info
Wow. 4 Days at most for Weber to sell out. It's no wonder, at least for me, another great shave this morning. Smoothest DE head I have used. Hopefully the next batch won't take so long!

42 1,041
 08-07-2012, 12:49 PM
User Info
With all of the outstanding reports of great shaves, the wait for my DLC will only seem longer..... Sad

0 51
 08-07-2012, 04:50 PM
  • DLP
  • Missouri
User Info
(08-07-2012, 02:53 AM)VTMAX Wrote: Wow. 4 Days at most for Weber to sell out. It's no wonder, at least for me, another great shave this morning. Smoothest DE head I have used. Hopefully the next batch won't take so long!

I love my Weber DLC and ARC but Weber really need to work on the supply chain. They are out of stock more than they are in stock is going to lead to problems down the road. People will loose interest and move on to a product that is in stock. Should they accept back orders to predict demand?

What are your thoughts?

3 497
 08-08-2012, 10:47 AM
  • mikeperry
  • St Louis via the UK
User Info
(08-07-2012, 04:50 PM)DLP Wrote: I love my Weber DLC and ARC but Weber really need to work on the supply chain. They are out of stock more than they are in stock is going to lead to problems down the road. People will loose interest and move on to a product that is in stock. Should they accept back orders to predict demand?

What are your thoughts?

Hi

I also like my Weber DLC (believe it's a first class razor and a great performer) and would like to get hold an ARC head.

I think I agree with you (at least to a certain extent)...

Being a very! small independent artisan DE razor maker can't be easy (I'd imagine that's quite a understatement).

That said, if Weber doesn't want to start losing sales due to long wait times, then they are going to have to take a "risk" at some point and have more razors for sale and more in the supply chain, constant empty shelves isn't good for business in the long run.

IMHO by now they should have a better handle on their market and what it takes to have (almost) constant stocked shelves.

Side note: I've not yet seen anyone raise an eye to the price increase of the razor with the (new) Classic handle, gone from $55 up to $70. Still a pretty good price for a very! good razor, but it will be interesting to see if the price will continue to creep up, or if $70 is a better price for Weber ie Allow them to build a better supply chain and a more robust business...

Take care, Mike

23 1,872
 08-08-2012, 12:56 PM
User Info
Controlling supply is one way of keeping prices higher. I'm not saying Weber is doing that....

9 1,199
 08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
User Info
This is a tough business model. I have one I bought Jan or so of this year and will never need to replace it unless I lose it. Even though there's a buzz about these razors on the forums, that will likely fizzle out over time--how much do you hear about Pils or even Feather razors these days?

Once the initial wave of buyers are satisfied they can't afford to have too much money tied up in inventory. These are nearly indestructible stainless steel razors. Once you buy one you won't really need another and it's not going to wear out. I think predicting demand in this market would be challenging and I don't blame them for erring on the side of caution.

BTW, nice razor. I kind of like the black head and the industrial (think pliers) handle. Masculine. Shaves well too.

0 140
 08-09-2012, 09:28 PM
User Info
I love mine, it is my go to razor and rarely use anything else. Next time they are in stock again i'll pick up a DLC head with the bulldog handle.

which is kind of funny because when I first saw the weber razor I thought it was idiotic to have different color head and handle, thought it would never sell.

4 309
 03-28-2014, 07:26 AM
User Info
Are they available yet?

13 1,313
 03-28-2014, 07:52 AM
  • Agravic
  • Emeritus
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Nice, Rui!

You resurrected an old thread with a title that implied the DLC is in stock ... Exclamation

I've modified the title, as not to mislead people ... Rolleyes

I don't believe Weber has any plans to reissue the DLC

102 17,661