09-09-2016, 05:31 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Fantastic collection. I don't know how you choose what you want to use each morning.

36 4,836
 09-09-2016, 05:36 AM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
Do you use them in rotation, using a different one each day? Or, do you find yourself using one for and extended period of time?  The reason I ask is that I have recently expanded my collection of razors to include a wide and eclectic  range of razors.  It has created a challenge that I didn't have before.  I had a usual rotation.  Now, I find myself with a few too many choices and am having a harder time making up my mind.  Before, I would use a specific razor for several days until the blade needed changing  Now, I have over a dozen razors with a blade in them that has been used once, maybe twice.

First world problems, I know.

58 495
 09-09-2016, 09:33 AM
User Info
(09-09-2016, 05:36 AM)gp569900 Wrote: Do you use them in rotation, using a different one each day? Or, do you find yourself using one for and extended period of time?  The reason I ask is that I have recently expanded my collection of razors to include a wide and eclectic  range of razors.  It has created a challenge that I didn't have before.  I had a usual rotation.  Now, I find myself with a few too many choices and am having a harder time making up my mind.  Before, I would use a specific razor for several days until the blade needed changing  Now, I have over a dozen razors with a blade in them that has been used once, maybe twice.

First world problems, I know.

First world problems indeed haha.

Yes, I use a rotation. I have a list of them on my phone and I go through them in order. I change to the next one if either a) I fancy a change or b) the blade needs changing. I also make a note of blade preference because sometimes it's two months before I use a razor again and it's easy to forget or get mixed up. Blade exploration has taken a long, long time and there are still a few I'm experimenting with.

3 33
 09-09-2016, 12:39 PM
User Info
Very nice collection indeed, congratulations! It sounds like you have put in place a whole project management system to rotate them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

0 34
 09-09-2016, 02:25 PM
User Info
(09-09-2016, 12:39 PM)LillasPastia Wrote: Very nice collection indeed, congratulations! It sounds like you have put in place a whole project management system to rotate them!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Thanks!

Yeah, you don't want to see the soap rotation algorithms...

3 33
 10-14-2016, 01:50 PM
  • geezer
  • Menomonie, Western WI
User Info
Keep them coming! Nice selection of good goods!
~Richard

8 1,191