08-31-2016, 01:54 PM
User Info
When I visited India in 1974, I developed a taste for their Ayurvedic herbal toothpastes.  If you live in a large city, you can probably buy them off the shelf in an Indian supermarket, or a Natural Foods Store.  If not you can buy them from Amazon or eBay.  Here are some pictures of the ones that I use, in my order of preference.  There are many more that I am not familiar with.  Auromere and Vicco are the easiest to buy off the shelf in the USA.
[Image: 2O6YGNk.jpg][Image: 1hHaYdj.jpg][Image: 9juxGTJ.jpg][Image: vHilJRz.jpg]

9 143
 08-31-2016, 02:13 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Ayurvedic medicine is interesting, but a caveat. Herbal ingredients used in the mouth are absorbed at a far higher rate than topical skin applications. If you are taking any medications or have any medical issues they can have dramatic effects. Indian herbs are still very much a new field with Homeopathic and other alternate medical systems.

2 3,171
 09-24-2016, 10:04 AM
User Info
(08-31-2016, 02:13 PM)kav Wrote: Ayurvedic medicine is interesting, but a caveat. Herbal ingredients used in the mouth are absorbed at a far higher rate than topical skin applications. If you are taking any medications or have any medical issues they can have dramatic effects. Indian herbs are still very much a new field with Homeopathic and other alternate medical systems.

Sir ayurveda is perhaps one of the oldest of alternate medical sciences in the history of mankind. Some of the toothpastes shown in the pics are more than 5 decades old and I have not come across even a single incident which supports your statement above.

BTW, I enjoy Crest and Marvis myself inspite of the mammoth price difference between the locally available ayurvedic options and the likes I mentioned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0 514
 11-20-2016, 10:29 PM
User Info
I use only Biotique toothpaste.
It has herbs etc but unlike all other toothpastes, it has no sls, sles, glycerine etc.

It's a bit hard to push out of the tube due to lack of glycerine but I really don't care one little bit (although I do need to squish the tube when it's new to soften the paste for my wife to use).

0 80
 11-20-2016, 10:47 PM
User Info
(11-20-2016, 10:29 PM)nav Wrote: I use only Biotique toothpaste.
It has herbs etc but unlike all other toothpastes, it has no sls, sles, glycerine etc.

It's a bit hard to push out of the tube due to lack of glycerine but I really don't care one little bit (although I do need to squish the tube when it's new to soften the paste for my wife to use).

Sorry to break the news to you, but Biotique toothpaste has glycerine in it; 13% to be exact.  I haven't tried it yet, but I was able to look up the ingredients.  
contains: lavang oil : clove oil : .1%, neem bark : .2%, tulsi leaf : .2%, akar kara root .1%, tejovati bark fruit.1%, sorbitol.1%, glycerine 13%, sod carboxymethyl cellulose 1.5%, 
calcium carbonate 13.5%, di basic calcium phosphate 20%, hydrated silica 5%, menthol .12%, purified water.

That's all folks.

9 143
 11-21-2016, 08:22 PM
User Info
I have never used ayurvedic toothpastes but I have an aunt who uses only those. She gets it from a local Indian store. Never knew they had it in Amazon.

0 3
 02-09-2017, 04:44 AM
User Info
Vicco is really good products. Also check their vicco turmeric Ayurvedic cream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12 126
 02-11-2017, 04:50 AM
User Info
I use Neem toothpaste every day. It's great for your gums as well as your teeth, and I can buy it at a local Nepalese-run market.

0 14