09-01-2016, 09:30 AM
User Info
12 inches of rain yesterday in St. Pete, waterspouts in the gulf,  tropical storm winds blowing, TS Hermine is on the way.

[Image: XzxhVxA.jpg]

8 95
 09-01-2016, 09:37 AM
User Info
Be safe out there! My in-laws live in Melbourne. It will probably die down by the time it gets there, but it'll still be plenty wet I imagine.

0 613
 09-01-2016, 11:07 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Our drought continues. I have new nieghbors, Maronite Christians refugeed out of Syria. I was recycling and there must have been a gallon of water left in individual bottles. I explained
about getting money for the bottles and watering my patio plants with the water retrieved. She gave a deep sigh and said their water was cut off along with everything else in a siege for 4 months.
Be safe.

2 3,171
 09-01-2016, 01:53 PM
User Info
Our weather forecasters are hoping it stays out to sea and that's driving me bonkers. It'll only be a rain storm if we see it at all, not a hurricane. But Maine is currently in a drought so screw the 3 day weekend. I, and my neighbors and friends, have wells for our water and Maine needs water right now. The aquifer needs to replenish itself. Near as I can figure this storm (hopefully we get it) is just part of our autumn rainy season.

Sorry for the folks nearer the storms energy source; I mean nothing negative for you all, so stay safe. We just need a good soaker "up here". One where it takes it's time and doesn't run off but soaks in; 5 inches would be a good start. I'm not in trouble, but one neighbor has put in a new well on another neighbors land so that he can pump water into a tank to take up to his home (I've been supplying him for months, but he understands that he also needs to stand on his own and is working to that end. I pumped 250 gallons for him last night.). I know what our delivery rate is, but I have no clue as to the size of the reservoir that we pump out of or where the depth of my water level is right now.

32 6,445
 09-01-2016, 02:51 PM
  • Agravic
  • Super Moderator
  • Pennsylvania, USA
User Info
Be safe, everyone.

102 18,557
 09-01-2016, 07:35 PM
User Info
(09-01-2016, 02:51 PM)Agravic Wrote: Be safe, everyone.

This - so very much this.

3 4,374
 09-02-2016, 07:19 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
I was expecting much worse weather by now.  I'm right in the middle of it and it's just a bit rainy at this point.  ...not that I'm complaining!

11 678