09-05-2016, 02:20 PM
  • kav
  • Banned
  • east of the sun,west of the moon
User Info
Periodically advocates of clear and fresh language will list popular words or phrases gone stale or meaningless. I have passed over BBS and ARTISAN in past
posts. I wish to dispatch another creeping into the conversation; that low blow to our intelligence HIGH END. I give credit to our membership we all understand a certain brush, razor, soap and scent by reputation and that vulgar and sometimes manipulated price and simple scarcity is given a certain aura of tangible and often intangible greatness by performance or other measure; real and imagined.
We get it, and if not a vast resource of past posts can endow accumulated experience beyond individual trial and error in a short hour . High end is no better than a posted advertisement in automobile trade magazines proclaiming something "One of a kind, Unique and MUST SEE". This can apply to an AMC Gremlin with factory optional fender skirts and performance package. Hopefully, crazy aunt Ethel didn't pass over in it while garaged. Custodians of IE Dusenburgs or Steve McQueen green fastback Mustangs need only wax the car and not eloquent.

2 3,171
 09-05-2016, 02:30 PM
User Info
That's some high end speechifying there Kav.  You truly are the Dusenberg of our members with every post a BBS quality.

3 131
 09-05-2016, 04:07 PM
User Info
or very unique

36 909
 09-05-2016, 08:15 PM
  • Jack
  • Old School
  • Long Island
User Info
.LMurray Walker ( the Voice of International Motorsport ) once observed - the lead car is unique, except for the one behind it which is identical. Biggrin

0 170
 09-05-2016, 08:32 PM
  • ben74
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Motorsport and posting...  Tongue

99 18,011
 09-06-2016, 09:01 AM
User Info
That is AWESOME Kav.  Enjoy your posts very much.

3 171
 09-07-2016, 02:48 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
"High End", to me, means only one thing... 'More expensive' than most and that's the way I use it wrt shaving and all other products and services.

0 363
 09-07-2016, 02:55 AM
User Info
(09-05-2016, 02:20 PM)kav Wrote: Periodically advocates of clear and fresh language will list popular words or phrases gone stale or meaningless. I have passed over BBS and ARTISAN in past
posts. I wish to dispatch another creeping into the conversation; that low blow to our intelligence HIGH END. I give credit to our membership we all understand a certain brush, razor, soap and scent by reputation and that vulgar and sometimes manipulated price and simple scarcity is given a certain aura of tangible and often intangible greatness by performance or other measure; real and imagined.
We get it, and if not a vast resource of past posts can endow  accumulated experience  beyond  individual trial and error in a short hour . High end is no better than a posted advertisement in automobile trade magazines proclaiming something "One of a kind, Unique and MUST SEE". This can apply to an AMC Gremlin with factory optional fender skirts and performance package. Hopefully, crazy aunt Ethel didn't pass over in it while garaged. Custodians of IE Dusenburgs or Steve McQueen green fastback Mustangs need only wax the car and not eloquent.

Your speech has become tiresome.

1 283
 09-07-2016, 04:17 AM
User Info
(09-07-2016, 02:55 AM)regularfella Wrote:
(09-05-2016, 02:20 PM)kav Wrote: Periodically advocates of clear and fresh language will list popular words or phrases gone stale or meaningless. I have passed over BBS and ARTISAN in past
We get it, and if not a vast resource of past posts can endow  accumulated experience  beyond  individual trial and error in a short hour . High end is no better than a posted advertisement in automobile trade magazines proclaiming something "One of a kind, Unique and MUST SEE". This can apply to an AMC Gremlin with factory optional fender skirts and performance package. Hopefully, crazy aunt Ethel didn't pass over in it while garaged. Custodians of IE Dusenburgs or Steve McQueen green fastback Mustangs need only wax the car and not eloquent.

Huh

39 3,948
 09-07-2016, 04:56 AM
User Info
 09-07-2016, 05:26 AM
User Info

I wasn't going to say anything, but I am. My best advice to you is rather than post a "trollish" comment---ignore and move on.

39 3,948
 09-07-2016, 06:30 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Huntsville Alabama School District reading project is sadly over for 2016. I believe remedial tutors are still available.

2 3,171
 09-07-2016, 06:36 AM
User Info
(09-07-2016, 06:30 AM)kav Wrote: Huntsvill Alabama School District reading project is sadly over for 2016. I believe remedial tutors are still available.
Great way to start your day, huh? Better go shave.  Wink

39 3,948
 09-07-2016, 07:28 AM
  • kav
  • Banned
User Info
Contemporary Parabalani armed with keyboard roofing tiles as sharp as a Bolzano. Breakfast is finished, off to shave with my humble shaving kit behind closed doors less my nieghbors catch me using the Mergress, VieLong and MWF.

2 3,171
 09-07-2016, 07:29 AM
User Info
(09-07-2016, 07:28 AM)kav Wrote: Contemporary Parabalani armed with keyboard roofing tiles as sharp as a Bolzano. Breakfast is finished, off to shave with my humble shaving kit  behind closed doors less my nieghbors catch me using the Mergress, VieLong and MWF.
Now that was a really tiresome post!  24  Wink

39 3,948
 09-08-2016, 01:43 PM
  • chazt
  • Bayside, NY
User Info
Chris, yer killin' me! Biggrin Wait, that's a bit tired, too.. Oh cheese.

It's so true. There are folk of all ilk and persuasion who get all sweaty and quivery with the mere thought of "high end."

7 2,355
 09-09-2016, 12:50 AM
User Info

Come on man. Don't be like that.

11 1,169