09-07-2016, 12:05 PM
User Info
Hello,

For those that use oil based pomade, I wanted to know how often do you degrease your hair? Also, what product work best for degreasing?

Thank you,

Sanjay

2 55
 09-08-2016, 08:30 AM
User Info
I'll bite. I use a table spoon of olive oil, massage it around your hair. Leave it in for a few minutes, walk around the house, whatever. Wash that out with Dawn dish soap, nothing fancy just regular strength. Use a shampoo with conditioner after if your up to it. I do this every two to three days, go longer if you can. I also switch it up at times and use a water based pomade applied as a base and then slick that up with an oil base. The water base will help wash out the oil significantly when the time comes. My barber says to use baby oil but I'll stick to the olive oil. Cheers! Hope that helps.

~Royce

4 359
 09-08-2016, 08:39 AM
User Info
(09-08-2016, 08:30 AM)DudeAbides Wrote: I'll bite. I use a table spoon of olive oil, massage it around your hair. Leave it in for a few minutes, walk around the house, whatever. Wash that out with Dawn dish soap, nothing fancy just regular strength. Use a shampoo with conditioner after if your up to it. I do this every two to three days, go longer if you can. I also switch it up at times and use a water based pomade applied as a base and then slick that up with an oil base. The water base will help wash out the oil significantly when the time comes. My barber says to use baby oil but I'll stick to the olive oil. Cheers! Hope that helps.

~Royce
I appreciate your advice! I'll definitely give your recommendations a try.

2 55
 09-08-2016, 09:41 PM
User Info
I use traditional pomade. I really just wash my hair every other day with a tallow based bar bath soap from Stirling. My hair never gets overly greasy. Then just reapply. I am using O'Doud's Heavy and Shear Revival The One Who Knocks right now.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

2 340
 09-09-2016, 09:36 AM
User Info
(09-08-2016, 09:41 PM)youngunn2008 Wrote: I use traditional pomade. I really just wash my hair every other day with a tallow based bar bath soap from Stirling. My hair never gets overly greasy. Then just reapply. I am using O'Doud's Heavy and Shear Revival The One Who Knocks right now.

Thanks for the input! I've been wanting to try Shear Revival products.

2 55
 09-09-2016, 10:36 AM
User Info
(09-09-2016, 09:36 AM)someghai Wrote:
(09-08-2016, 09:41 PM)youngunn2008 Wrote: I use traditional pomade. I really just wash my hair every other day with a tallow based bar bath soap from Stirling. My hair never gets overly greasy. Then just reapply. I am using O'Doud's Heavy and Shear Revival The One Who Knocks right now.

Thanks for the input! I've been wanting to try Shear Revival products.
They're pretty good. I recommend them

2 340