09-09-2016, 02:43 PM
User Info
All prices include CONUS shipping and any fees. Shipping to foreign addresses are at applicable USPS First Class Mail rates. PayPal only. Please PM me for your interest in the item (s) and my PayPal address. All of the listings are in great condition.

1. Gillette #77/88 2 piece New open comb. Made in England and one of the absolute best shaving razors ever made. It has been re-plated in bright nickel. Not used since re-plating. Comes in the brown Bakelite case which is in perfect condition. $125.00 SOLD

[Image: axwLzCt.jpg]

[Image: LcMj6md.jpg]

2. Ikon highly polished early razor. I do not remember the model though it is very similar to the Gillette Tech in style. Very collectable. Bulldog handle is also Ikon and was part of the original razor. Smooth areas also highly polished. I may have a cardboard box, but probably not its original container. 101 grams in weight. $175.00  SOLD

[Image: u0CmJFV.jpg]

[Image: 0WXKm4L.jpg]

[Image: n1txk3V.jpg]

Was curious as to the provenance of this razor. See http://www.bruceonshaving.com/2010/09/22...t-started/ and this photo

[Image: BVrcxXQ.jpg]

The article dates to 2010.

3. Rotbart 2 piece safety bar razor. I believe it is model #15. Silver plate, great condition in a red leather case. Outstanding shaver. 82 grams. $115.00

[Image: VJ9HHYJ.jpg]

[Image: FZ4IkYz.jpg]

[Image: nYSdDVV.jpg]

4. Bob's Razor Works Progress. The standard Merkur Progress razor with a specially made Bob's Razor Works adjustment knob. Adjustment positions are alternating black and red lines. The entire knob was machined by Bob and is different than the typical Mergress  which uses parts of the original Merkur knob assembly of the Progress. Unusual and very nice piece. 111 grams. $120.00 SOLD

[Image: uqS2LPG.jpg]
[Image: 6ysdw33.jpg]
[Image: RDhQ2rT.jpg]

5. ATT Colossus handle that has been configured to use with a King Cobra razor. $43.00  SOLD

[Image: mTzPFzn.jpg]

6. A brush in Molten Metal resin by Vladimir Ferdman. 2 band finest knot by TGN and the knot size is 23mm. Very comfortable shape and nice brush. $40.00

[Image: mWCT0l8.jpg]

7. A German clear Lucite handle badger knot brush at 30mm. Picture above. This is a very large brush. The knot is very luxurious. Quality and comfortable handle. The thumb drive is for size comparison. $75.00

54 332
 09-09-2016, 03:06 PM
  • jjfar
  • Young priest in a big parish
  • North Carolina
User Info
Gotta say WOW!!

GLWTS

54 550
 09-09-2016, 03:09 PM
User Info
Beautiful hardware. That British #77 is quite rare and is an amazing shaver. Good price on it - should fly. GLWTS

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

33 325
 09-09-2016, 03:33 PM
  • TONE_Shaves
  • Wet Shaving Aficionado
  • N. Los Angeles, CA
User Info
hey there Gary, what round about production year do you think the Gillette #77 is?

129 320
 09-09-2016, 03:44 PM
User Info
That ikon is a sweet razor. Anyone into stainless razors that one is worth picking up!

63 1,597
 09-09-2016, 07:42 PM
User Info
Knew that #77 would fly at that price!

33 325
 09-10-2016, 12:12 AM
User Info
I don't know how they became lined but the Ikon and the Robart are still for sale. The BRW and the Gillette 77 plus the ATT handle has been sold so far.

This is the start of selling a very large collection of very high end, desirable and collectable razors over the next few weeks. I figure the brothers at Shave Nook should see them first before the Bay. There will be things like a complete collection of Gillette Rocket Razors including examples of almost every model. All the Aristocrats and red tip, blue tip, aluminum etc. all the very hard to find examples. #66, #16, #15, #21 all of the English Gillette razors that have been so good. Other gems will be complete examples of Gillette New heads, flat bottoms. raised flat bottom, English Travel Techs maybe a Belmont, maybe Hybrid tech, a Senator, an Aristocrat Jr.Oh and several good wills. Be on the lookout for them as it starts. In addition there will be individually collectable razors like Kirby Beard, Servus, Le Coq, The Sticky, many Muhle, several Merkur and over 85 slants of all varieties in the best condition. The polished Weber among others. Among others would be a perfect condition Gillette Big Boy. But I get ahead of myself.

I am taking a new direction in shaving that emphasizes the new SE type of shaving with the Colonial General, Ikon, ATT SE1 Bamboo, the Rocknel 50, and the Asylum Rx to name a few. Also, adjustable shaving still holds a fascination. I find generally the newer razors deliver better and more comfortable shaves than some of their historic forefathers. Also, the collection just got away from me in terms of size with something approaching 300 units. Just too many to enjoy so time to put them back in service. I plan to introduce about 10 items a week until interest is lost, or I run of of energy, or product. I actually wound up loving the shave of all of them for particular reasons. I think it had to do by developing into a competent shaver where you can do decently with anything.

54 332
 09-10-2016, 11:05 PM
  • nunhgrader
  • Prairie Village, KS USA
User Info
What a killer set of shaving tools/ srt!

Good luck on your journey!

28 666
 09-11-2016, 05:02 AM
User Info
I have just started wet shaving this past January and I have dedicated this year to using traditional two and three piece razors. Come Christmas I plan on asking for my first TTO Gillette, so I be watching very closely. That being said, I can't believe you are going to sell your "big boy". I have a few extra jobs lined up for this fall and I will put a couple of extra bucks away for a crack at it. Good luck with your sales and take care.

9 66
 09-11-2016, 12:15 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
Wow! I wish I could have seen this early enough to jump on the Bob's Progess Facepalm Beautiful Razors GLWS

8 518
 09-12-2016, 09:48 AM
User Info
Gorgeous razors!  I'm especially fond of the iKon Tech clone, but then again I'm a Tech addict.  Currently in the stable are a Canadian pre-war, an American post-war, and a British Hybrid Tech.  It's doubtful the iKon would shave any better than the last of these.........

still tempting, but don't really have the funds...............Arrrgh!

2 1,557
 09-12-2016, 07:19 PM
User Info
Beautiful razors!
Glad the #77 is gone, but I keep telling myself I need to find a Weber before I buy another razor, anyway.

GLWTS

6 12
 09-14-2016, 12:06 PM
User Info
Thanks to whomever bought the iKon; saved me some money and a bunch of grief from SWMBO!

2 1,557