08-03-2012, 06:41 PM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
Welcome to the 2PB - All solid stainless steel construction , clean professional iKon machining , our work is precision , the details on the inside of the top cap are similar to a diamond jeweling pattern - the bamboo handle is extensively polished to a mirror finish, just like the razor head portion - creating a beautiful uniform shaving tool. This model is a 2 part unit - only the top cap removes from the handle/base portion , this allows for easier handling and blade placement - iKon Razors are the absolute finest fully machined razors ever produced.

[Image: 2_PB_ikon_razor.jpg]

7 243
 08-03-2012, 06:54 PM
User Info
Beautiful. I wonder if and how the head is different from the SK9. Or, is it the SK9 on the bamboo handle? What changes have been made? I may need to get my hand on one of these.

0 140
 08-03-2012, 06:55 PM
  • Tonality
  • Attempted Soap Sabbatical
  • Boston
User Info
WOW! About all I can say, a fantastic looking new razor!

35 1,732
 08-03-2012, 06:56 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
Hot baby!

88 4,233
 08-04-2012, 02:48 AM
  • Dave
  • Moderator Emeritus
User Info
Very nice looking razors!!

116 3,804
 08-04-2012, 04:10 AM
User Info
Tweaking the already great Bamboo handle a bit larger for the 2PB should provide optimal balance....From handle to head all highly polished beautiful flowing curves.

Outstanding !

7 414
 08-04-2012, 04:15 AM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
Uh oh, might have to pick one up and try it out. I'd also like to know the difference between this head and prior heads. Is it going to be more aggressive than the S3S?

9 408
 08-04-2012, 04:24 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Beautiful Greg and what will the price be for such a stunner?

100 12,437
 08-04-2012, 04:26 AM
  • slantman
  • Expert Shaver
  • Leesburg, Florida
User Info
Okay I see it on the iKon website at $195

100 12,437
 08-04-2012, 04:39 AM
  • iKon
  • Vendor/Mfg.
  • NYC
User Info
It is the basically the same stainless S3S head , modified to accommodate a spinner mechanism that attaches the base plate to the modified bamboo/bulldog handle.

The only other difference are the lugs on the base plate that hold and center the blade in place were made a tad bit bigger as per customer feedback given.

Still have a few more models in the works. Idea

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

- Bruce Lee

7 243
 08-04-2012, 05:14 AM
  • biggiej42
  • Looney for Rooney
  • Stony Point, NY
User Info
(08-04-2012, 04:39 AM)iKon Wrote: It is the basically the same stainless S3S head , modified to accommodate a spinner mechanism that attaches the base plate to the modified bamboo/bulldog handle.

The only other difference are the lugs on the base plate that hold and center the blade in place were made a tad bit bigger as per customer feedback given.

“If you always put limits on everything you do, physical or anything else. It will spread into your work and into your life. There are no limits. There are only plateaus, and you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.”

- Bruce Lee

Thanks Greg!Thumbsup

9 408
 08-04-2012, 08:59 AM
  • gijames
  • Mile High Soldier
  • TN, USA
User Info
(08-04-2012, 04:39 AM)iKon Wrote: It is the basically the same stainless S3S head , modified to accommodate a spinner mechanism that attaches the base plate to the modified bamboo/bulldog handle.

- Bruce Lee
Hey Greg, AWESOME looking razor/handle combo Smile
Idea will you do limited run of this new bamboo handle alone, sometime in the near future.. one that will work with both the newer Euro threads and classic threads on the posts?

9 1,684
 08-04-2012, 03:51 PM
User Info
(07-19-2012, 06:59 PM)iKon Wrote:
(07-19-2012, 06:31 PM)razorx Wrote: A question for Greg:
Does that mean the New Open Comb Bulldog Delux Head with be manufactured of Cast Stainless Steel with a protective coating like the OSS ?
I've assumed it was to be machined from a single block of 316 Marine Grade Stainless Steel like the S3S.

The OSS head (and the upcoming new deluxe open comb head) are made with an advanced sintering process , casting is a bit different and produces a much less detailed and precise part.

The handles , like all iKon handles, will be machined from stock bar 316L stainless steel.

There is a newer fully machined 2 piece all stainless steel iKon due out soon that is replacing the now phased out 3 piece S3S model.

- Bruce Lee

- With the new Bulldog Deluxe Head being produced via the advanced sintering process similar to the OSS,does that mean it will have the same outter coating as the OSS or will it be nickle or chrome plated ? Hmm

- Good tweak on the larger baseplate lugs for the 2PB Thumbsup

7 414
 08-04-2012, 03:59 PM
  • ben74
  • Administrator
  • Perth, Australia
User Info
Looks fantastic Greg!

91 17,796
 08-06-2012, 06:56 PM
  • Shanman
  • Reserve Collection Squirrel Hair
  • NE Florida
User Info
(08-04-2012, 04:39 AM)iKon Wrote: The only other difference are the lugs on the base plate that hold and center the blade in place were made a tad bit bigger as per customer feedback given.

Very cool, and I'm hoping with fingers crossed the new sized lugs get flipped to the caps instead. I like my Modern with the bulldog knurled handle, and this lug reversal would be the only user improvement needed specifically to the two piece razors when inserting and snugging a blade.

135 1,944
 08-07-2012, 02:12 PM
User Info
That lug change is going to make a big difference in centering the blade. IMHO

0 140