09-10-2016, 01:56 PM
User Info
Hello all!

Well I feel this needs to be discussed by those that own.

I have owned Paolos soaps and balms and always loved his product.

But....

His new release is AMAZING!

I recently ordered

Pulito - olive musk citrus (clean)

Albera - blue spruce (tree)

Terroso - amber patchouli oak (earthy)

Arancione- organic sweet orange (Orange)

These are all in recipe two and they do not disappoint.

As I said before I'm a huge fan of the last formulation and scents. I found it hard to believe he could improve the lather and shave I previously got.

But he did.

My lather is so thick and creamy and takes water like a champ. I really like to hydrate my soap til it's very wet and heavy and this soap can take all the water I can throw at it.

A win in my book.

Now to scents. I'm speaking only from my perspective. I absolutely love them. Not at all what I expected tho. The new scents are far more complex than previous offerings. Very well rounded and not straight forward at all. Especially the Blue Spruce which is one of the best scents I have personally ever used.

Hopefully someone will chime in with a more knowledgable nose than I have and pick out the notes. All I can say it smells incredible.

Please guys that own Paolos soaps chime in and tell us what y'all think.

Old and new formulations welcome and comparisons are encouraged.

82 2,248
 09-10-2016, 01:58 PM
User Info
Is Blue Spruce your favorite of the new scents?

13 524
 09-10-2016, 02:09 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
I've previously loved Agrume (lime) and Cremoso (coconut), and only ordered Arrancione (sweet orange). The Sweet Orange nearly knocked me off my feet with it's dynamite scent, and the performance is about as good as any soap that I've tried. It's so good that I ordered the remaining new scents, and can't wait for them to arrive. One of the best parts is that Paolo is really a terrific person, and has a great knowledge of skin care. His balms are absolutely the best, which I use almost daily.

38 5,196
 09-10-2016, 02:35 PM
User Info
Good to hear that Albera has a great scent. Ordered that one last night. I already have Cremoso, Agrume, and Bosco in the soap and aftershave balm and love them all. Bosco is one of my very favorite scents of any soap period.

4 929
 09-10-2016, 02:54 PM
User Info
(09-10-2016, 01:58 PM)22bulldog Wrote: Is Blue Spruce your favorite of the new scents?

Well that's hard to say as I have only used it once and Pulito once as well.

Blue Spruce is such a cool take on the scent that as of now yes it's my favorite.

But keep in mind I still have 2 more to use.

As Richard said the orange is out of this world. So clean and fresh.

As Richard said Paolo is a stand up guy that knows a lot about skin care.

It really shows in his product.

82 2,248
 09-10-2016, 02:59 PM
User Info
Just ordered these, I'm super excited to try them all.
[Image: gIPX5K6.jpg]

8 849
 09-10-2016, 03:02 PM
User Info
Is there an Albera (Blue Spruce) aftershave balm?

2 336
 09-10-2016, 03:06 PM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
I have always loved the scents that Paolo uses in his soaps and aftershaves.

46 18,610
 09-10-2016, 03:47 PM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
(09-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Pfirnett Wrote: Is there an Albera (Blue Spruce) aftershave balm?

All of the new scents will have balms.  I was waiting for labels, which are now in hand.  I'll have them all up this week.

11 686
 09-10-2016, 03:57 PM
User Info
1. I was full steam ahead with Agrume (lime), but with the new scent Albera (blue spruce) being added this might be the one for me to order first. Besides I already have Mike's lime and I avoid having any duplicate/overlap in scents. 

2. Will Maggard's be getting the new scent and formula soon? I need to get a handle and looking to save on shipping. No biggie though.

3. Why does a google search for "sapone di paolo soap" no longer have http://www.saponedipaolo.com as the top result? In fact I didnt see it at all, but I stopped after the first 4 pages of results. This was working before.

Have a nice day.

0 90
 09-11-2016, 05:27 AM
  • racebmx
  • Sapone Di Paolo
  • Charleston, South Carolina
User Info
(09-10-2016, 03:57 PM)gregcss Wrote: 1. I was full steam ahead with Agrume (lime), but with the new scent Albera (blue spruce) being added this might be the one for me to order first. Besides I already have Mike's lime and I avoid having any duplicate/overlap in scents. 

2. Will Maggard's be getting the new scent and formula soon? I need to get a handle and looking to save on shipping. No biggie though.

3. Why does a google search for "sapone di paolo soap" no longer have http://www.saponedipaolo.com as the top result? In fact I didnt see it at all, but I stopped after the first 4 pages of results. This was working before.

Have a nice day.

1.  Albera is quite awesome!  Biggrin

2.  I'm just getting my distributors set up with the new stuff now.  I don't see why they wouldn't.

3.  I completely redesigned my site.  I'm not remotely expert with SEO, and I'm sure that with the redesign, I obliterated my search results.  Thank you for pointing this out, it hadn't even crossed my mind.

11 686
 09-11-2016, 06:07 AM
User Info
For some unknown reason I have never tried Sapone di Paolo, something that I am going to have to correct this week after reading all the glowing recommendations and descriptions of what looks like incredible fragrance profiles.  I think I will wait until the Balms are available to get the full experience.

I do have one question.  How would you rate scent strength on the various fragrances?  My preference has always been for more robust scent strength.

How would you rate the fragrances on scent strength alone?

6 225
 09-11-2016, 06:50 AM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Currently, I've only used Agrume, Cremoso, and Arancione, but have the other scents on order. 

I would rate scent pleasantness as 10/10, and scent strength as 8/10. The scent is also maintained quite well throughout the shave with little to no fade.

38 5,196
 09-11-2016, 07:56 AM
User Info
(09-11-2016, 06:50 AM)evnpar Wrote: Currently, I've only used Agrume, Cremoso, and Arancione, but have the other scents on order. 

I would rate scent pleasantness as 10/10, and scent strength as 8/10. The scent is also maintained quite well throughout the shave with little to no fade.
Awesome.  Sounds like they hit my personal scent sweet spot : )

Thanks Richard

6 225
 09-11-2016, 01:13 PM
User Info
(09-10-2016, 03:47 PM)racebmx Wrote:
(09-10-2016, 03:02 PM)Pfirnett Wrote: Is there an Albera (Blue Spruce) aftershave balm?

All of the new scents will have balms.  I was waiting for labels, which are now in hand.  I'll have them all up this week.

As soon as the Albera balm goes up on your site, I'm buying the soap and balm pair.

Thanks

2 336
 09-11-2016, 02:03 PM
User Info
(09-10-2016, 03:57 PM)gregcss Wrote: 3. Why does a google search for "sapone di paolo soap" no longer have http://www.saponedipaolo.com as the top result? In fact I didnt see it at all, but I stopped after the first 4 pages of results. This was working before.

I had the same problem.  When I googled "sapone di paolo" the website did not turn up.

50 6,417
 09-11-2016, 02:34 PM
User Info
Scents of SdP have been great in y experience.  Unfortunately, I just didn't feel the performance was always on par with the caliber of the scent.  The lather was always a little drying for my skin and not very cushiony.  Maybe it's just my skin though, as a lot of people like the soap.  Fantastic packaging too, I'd say.

13 59
 09-11-2016, 02:52 PM
User Info
I tried the Bosco and was impressed with every aspect of this soap.  Sometimes when I try a new soap, I have to fine tune or dial in my lathering technique until I figure out the nuances of the particular soap.   Not so with Bosco.  This soap lathered up immediately and easily.  I like the scent and all the qualities I'm looking for in lather are there.  Here is a lather shot after a three pass shave:

[Image: 60Si9mL.jpg] 

I also like the packaging of this soap.  The plastic tub and labeling are attractive.   This is obviously unrelated to performance, but it's a nice touch.

50 6,417
 09-11-2016, 04:29 PM
User Info
I have not tried any Paolo's soaps or balms yet... Can someone with experience with CRSW and Sapone Di Paolo please give me a side by side of both the soap and the balm. I would love to hear your thoughts.

20 1,375
 09-11-2016, 04:43 PM
  • evnpar
  • Emeritus
  • Portland, Oregon
User Info
Tappan, they are both excellent products, and it's difficult to compare one with the other, or say one is better than the other. If you compare CRSW V2 with Paolo's new formulation, it's difficult to find fault with either one. Paolo's first formulation was a little on the soft side, and the container was a little small, but these issues have been addressed with the new formulation. I do think that Paolo's balms are the best there are in terms of post shave face feel. It's really hard not to like Paolo's soaps. You need to try one.

38 5,196