09-11-2016, 02:37 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
Anybody own both of these? I would be interested in your comparative comments. Received the email that the Wunderbar was again available yesterday. Today, according to IB's website they're sold out again, but should be constantly coming into stock as long as the demand is there.

0 363
 09-11-2016, 02:52 AM
User Info
Just got the Wunderbar and it shaves fantastic. I don't own an ATT S1 so can't make the comparison.

122 13,215
 09-11-2016, 03:21 AM
User Info
Curious as well. S1 is a great razor, although a hair mild for my taste.

54 1,214
 09-11-2016, 11:45 PM
User Info
Hi Roger,

The Wunderbar is a bit aggressive in my experience, a tad harsh actually. It reminds me of the performance of the Fine slant. I find their shaves indentical.

The S1 is a good razor, very sturdy and feels like a tank. It's both efficient and smooth. It's not my most efficient and smoothest slant, that would go to the RR Stealth Slant DLC but the S1 is surely no slouch. The S1 is smooth, but will still bite if you're not careful/

Both razors are beautiful, I really want to pick the Wunderbar because I am a fan of the Stealth, I also really like the way it looks, but for me, I would choose the performance of the S1 as of now.

11 1,170
 09-16-2016, 05:59 AM
User Info
I dont have the wunderbar but the S1 & the S2 are two of my fave razors in my collection as well as the Blackbird and the new ATT SE-1.. They are all good!

0 103
 09-17-2016, 01:50 PM
  • Cino
User Info
I have both.  I think that the Wunderbar is a wonderful razor and the only one in my den that provides an effortless BBS shave every time.   The key to enjoying the Wunderbar is a light touch. Master that and you will be rewarded with the smoothest, closest, most effortless shaves you imagined possible. For me, two passes with the Wunderbar is as close as three with the ATT S2.

Now the S2 is still a very good razor and is more forgiving of poor technique. It gives me a comfortable 3-pass DFS every time but never a BBS. Still, it's an easy shave. 

With all of my razors, except the Wunderbar,  I can experience tugging on parts of my face, but the Wunderbar always glides along mowing down anything in its path. 

I'd say it depends on what you are looking for and what kind of technique you have.   I don't think you can go wrong with either.

0 11
 09-17-2016, 04:25 PM
User Info
(09-17-2016, 01:50 PM)Cino Wrote: I have both.  I think that the Wunderbar is a wonderful razor and the only one in my den that provides an effortless BBS shave every time.   The key to enjoying the Wunderbar is a light touch. Master that and you will be rewarded with the smoothest, closest, most effortless shaves you imagined possible. For me, two passes with the Wunderbar is as close as three with the ATT S2.

Now the S2 is still a very good razor and is more forgiving of poor technique. It gives me a comfortable 3-pass DFS every time but never a BBS. Still, it's an easy shave. 

With all of my razors, except the Wunderbar,  I can experience tugging on parts of my face, but the Wunderbar always glides along mowing down anything in its path. 

I'd say it depends on what you are looking for and what kind of technique you have.   I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Not sure about my technique, but your post and TSE's video made me want to get my Wunderbar out today just to re-test. Fingers crossed.

11 1,170
 09-17-2016, 06:59 PM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I haven't used these exact razors, but I've owned razors from each company.  They both make great razors, but in my experiences RazoRock makes razors that they think are fun and want to use not knowing exactly how they'll end up.  ATT makes razors that Stan knows exactly how they should be.  If I had to make a choice it would be ATT easily.  I know this isn't a comparison of the two razors themselves, but thought it might help nonetheless.

12 325
 09-18-2016, 02:22 AM
User Info
S1 is an excellent slant but what was said earlier nothing glides like the Wunderbar over your skin. Yes all you need is a light touch, it's like ice skating on your face. Love the Wunderbar along with the Timeless Razor.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N930A using Tapatalk

19 614
 09-18-2016, 09:11 PM
User Info
Sadly, same results. Total wreck on the Wunderbar.

I don't give up on my stuff though. I'll go back to it after a while.

11 1,170
 09-19-2016, 03:30 AM
  • beamon
  • Greenville, SC USA
User Info
I'm constantly amazed at how differently we Homo sapiens perceive our shaving equipment. Despite the caveat of YMMV being so often expressed, the results just blow my mind! Wunderbar, obviously can be anything to whomever just as any razor can be. Yet I'm drawn to Kav's beloved ratings and evaluations of both hardware and software to at least provide some kind of prospective shopping list. Particularly helpful when sufficient time in the forums identifies posters whose evaluations tend to match your own. A problem? Nah! Vive la difference!

0 363