08-03-2012, 07:13 PM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
I had the pleasure of meeting up with a fellow forum member tonight. We went in on an order from Bullgoose for the new D.R. Harris soap Windsor, along with a few other soaps and an AS. As we often do when we get together, we brought along a few extra goodies. I'm not really sure how Phil gets his orders out so fast but I sure like it!

[Image: Windsor.jpg]

I don't think that the Windsor stands a chance.

[Image: BrushesandWindsor.jpg]

7 1,018
 08-03-2012, 07:20 PM
  • beartrap
  • Resident Цирюльник
  • Southern California
User Info
That beer does not look stale at all. Speedy delivery, Phil! Biggrin

88 4,233
 08-03-2012, 08:25 PM
User Info
Phil was nice enough to give you all those brushes for free with your purchases of the Harris soaps? Wow!

Btw, what's that other Harris soap and the package behind the carrot juice?

0 35
 08-03-2012, 08:28 PM
User Info
I have heard rumors that Phil actually lives inside the post office. Biggrin

15 316
 08-03-2012, 08:34 PM
User Info
Shawn, it seems like you and Andrew had a great time at the pub. i hope you gents did not leave anything behind.

75 20,883
 08-03-2012, 08:41 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Just lathered up the Windsor. It is my favorite Harris scent, an instant classic. Perhaps one of the reasons it struck such a chord with me is that it shares some common notes with a favorite fragrance of mine, Mark Birley for Men.

Here are the fragrance notes for Mark Birley: Sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, musk, vetiver, carrot seeds, leather, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, violet, incense.

To me, the scent of the Windsor soap will be a fantastic match with Mark Birley. Happy camper.

And, no, my puck doesn't stand a chance with these brushes.

43 1,690
 08-03-2012, 09:36 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-03-2012, 08:41 PM)Andrew Wrote: Just lathered up the Windsor. It is my favorite Harris scent, an instant classic. Perhaps one of the reasons it struck such a chord with me is that it shares some common notes with a favorite fragrance of mine, Mark Birley for Men.

Here are the fragrance notes for Mark Birley: Sandalwood, cedar, patchouli, musk, vetiver, carrot seeds, leather, lemon, bergamot, mandarin, violet, incense.

To me, the scent of the Windsor soap will be a fantastic match with Mark Birley. Happy camper.

Exactly the opposite for me : I was so exited to get the soap,but got a sample of the cologne and the shaving cream (thanks Syngent!) and no way I can buy that soap...

Enjoy it,gentlemen.

86 7,123
 08-03-2012, 09:56 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Well, Teiste, at least your nose knows what it likes. I think you and I have different opinions of Joris soap, too. That's just the way scent goes...

43 1,690
 08-03-2012, 10:05 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-03-2012, 09:56 PM)Andrew Wrote: Well, Teiste, at least your nose knows what it likes. I think you and I have different opinions of Joris soap, too. That's just the way scent goes...

Yes,very true,my friend,and I have recently discovered that the Plisson soap which comes on the rounded tin smells like the Joris soap,but the Plisson soap which comes on the squared box,smells like the Maison du Barbier soap,and I prefer this last scent better.

Windsor scent reminds me powerfully of Terre d Hermes EDT.If you want a great cologne/Eau de Parfum to match Windsor,besided its own scent,go for Terre d Hermes.
I gave my Terre D Hermes to my father,since it gave me headaches when I used it,but I admit have been one of the best scents launched for men, in the past 10 years.

86 7,123
 08-04-2012, 04:02 AM
  • Sully
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Cedar Park, Texas
User Info
(08-03-2012, 08:25 PM)ChiTownCliff Wrote: Phil was nice enough to give you all those brushes for free with your purchases of the Harris soaps? Wow!

Btw, what's that other Harris soap and the package behind the carrot juice?

The package behind the beer is coffee beans, and the other Harris soap is Almond. It's hard to tell what it is but there is a package of TFS hard soap behind the brushes. It's in the red colored mesh bag, it looks rose in the pictures.

(08-03-2012, 08:41 PM)Andrew Wrote: Just lathered up the Windsor. It is my favorite Harris scent, an instant classic. Perhaps one of the reasons it struck such a chord with me is that it shares some common notes with a favorite fragrance of mine, Mark Birley for Men.

Is the Mark Birley an aquatic scent? Looking at the notes it doesn't seem like to be, but one reviewer on base notes says that it is an aquatic.

(08-03-2012, 10:05 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(08-03-2012, 09:56 PM)Andrew Wrote: Well, Teiste, at least your nose knows what it likes. I think you and I have different opinions of Joris soap, too. That's just the way scent goes...

Yes,very true,my friend,and I have recently discovered that the Plisson soap which comes on the rounded tin smells like the Joris soap,but the Plisson soap which comes on the squared box,smells like the Maison du Barbier soap,and I prefer this last scent better.

Windsor scent reminds me powerfully of Terre d Hermes EDT.If you want a great cologne/Eau de Parfum to match Windsor,besided its own scent,go for Terre d Hermes.
I gave my Terre D Hermes to my father,since it gave me headaches when I used it,but I admit have been one of the best scents launched for men, in the past 10 years.

I have Terre d Heremes EDP and Montale Red Vetyver, both are strikingly similar, so I have plenty of good juice to match this soap with.

7 1,018
 08-04-2012, 05:42 AM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
No, I don't consider Mark Birley to be an aquatic scent. It is Woodsy.

43 1,690
 08-04-2012, 05:54 AM
  • syngent
  • Oshawa, Canada
User Info
The cream give you a headache as well Teiste ?
(08-03-2012, 09:36 PM)Teiste Wrote:

Exactly the opposite for me : I was so exited to get the soap,but got a sample of the cologne and the shaving cream (thanks Syngent!) and no way I can buy that soap...

Enjoy it,gentlemen.

3 748
 08-04-2012, 08:18 AM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Its not as strong as the Terre d Hermes EDT,but its there.I havent used it yet.It seems than the soap has the same scent intensity.

86 7,123
 08-05-2012, 12:39 PM
User Info
The Arlington has been my favourite soap for some time now, but the new Windsor soap has definitely knocked the Arlington off the top spot. The scent is wonderful IMO. And yes, for scent, there is remarkable similarity to the Terre D'Hermes EdT

31 4,957
 08-05-2012, 12:42 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-05-2012, 12:39 PM)Optometrist Wrote: The Arlington has been my favourite soap for some time now, but the new Windsor soap has definitely knocked the Arlington off the top spot. The scent is wonderful IMO. And yes, for scent, there is remarkable similarity to the Terre D'Hermes EdT

Im glad that somebody else just confirm my thoughts about the Windsor scent being like Terre D'Hermes.

So,of all D.R. Harris soaps,is this your favorite now?

86 7,123
 08-05-2012, 01:51 PM
User Info
(08-05-2012, 12:42 PM)Teiste Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 12:39 PM)Optometrist Wrote: The Arlington has been my favourite soap for some time now, but the new Windsor soap has definitely knocked the Arlington off the top spot. The scent is wonderful IMO. And yes, for scent, there is remarkable similarity to the Terre D'Hermes EdT

Im glad that somebody else just confirm my thoughts about the Windsor scent being like Terre D'Hermes.

I bought the Windsor cream and EdT when it was first launched, and the Hermes scent 3 weeks ago. I wore the two on consecutive days just by pure coincidence and immediately had that thought. And the Windsor soap has DEFINITELY become my favourite. Look out for my SOTD in the morning!!!

31 4,957
 08-05-2012, 04:09 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
(08-05-2012, 01:51 PM)Optometrist Wrote:
(08-05-2012, 12:42 PM)Teiste Wrote:

I bought the Windsor cream and EdT when it was first launched, and the Hermes scent 3 weeks ago. I wore the two on consecutive days just by pure coincidence and immediately had that thought. And the Windsor soap has DEFINITELY become my favourite. Look out for my SOTD in the morning!!!
I will,thanks a lot.Biggrin

86 7,123
 08-06-2012, 06:14 PM
User Info
Aww man. I just bought tons of soap. I don't think I will be able to resist this soap if it does indeed smell like my beloved terre. You guys are enabling me to spend more cash!

1 73
 08-07-2012, 02:24 PM
User Info
It looks like you guys won the lottery! What a haul! I know it's an optical illusion, but all of the brushes look pretty much identical, except the lovely beehive, of course. Well done!

24 1,151
 08-07-2012, 02:26 PM
  • Andrew
  • Austin, TX
User Info
Yes, it was a Chubby meetup, too.

43 1,690