09-11-2016, 06:19 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Aqua Velva is one of my favorite after shave lotions. I really like the scent, it has great skin properties too. It leaves the skin really smooth. It's a lotion I could use almost exclusively but I enjoy variety. An affordable widely available product that I really enjoy using. The only negative I can think of is that it lasts about 30 minutes on me, but it's an after shave not a EdT or a Cologne.

The versions I've tried are the American and the European. I slightly prefer the American, I think it's a bit cooler. Another difference that doesn't affect the properties of the lotion is the color, the American version has a deeper blue color. The shatter-proof bottle has a nice shape and a vintage look that I really like. The glass bottle of the European is also nice. I believe the scents of these two are pretty similar.
A version I haven't tried, but I will buy it soon, and read great things about, is the Spanish.

Do you detect any differences between the versions of Aqua Velva? If so, which one do you prefer?

49 2,017
 09-14-2016, 04:56 PM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I look forward to seeing what everyone has to say because I've been eyeing the Euro Aqua Velva for the last few days. I used my grandfather aqua velva this past weekend and was very pleased with it and how it performed; it lasted on me for what seemed like well over an hour and a few hours after that I could still faintly smell it on my hands.

8 516
 09-14-2016, 06:41 PM
User Info
I am interested in all the differences too.

I use it almost daily. The US version is all I've ever tried.

I will even go so far as to mix some with other aftershave in various proportions. I like the alcohol in it and the feedback from the sting if I have any irritation. 

Scent doesn't last long for me.

I have a vintage bottle I got off eBay earlier this year I've yet to open. Might crack at it soon.

[Image: fKDi3kO.jpg]

I have a spray bottle from Italian Barber or Mama Bear's that I pour my Aqua Velva into. I have a certain number of squirts I use and it keeps it from spilling everywhere and leaving blue spots on the sink. Lol.

The best juice.

10 1,455
 09-15-2016, 10:32 AM
User Info
In Canada we have 4 different versions:
- Ice Sport - kind of like floid blue with leather and citrus
- Ice Blue - pretty sweet, not sure if I can compare it to anything
- Original Sport - this one is green and smells like the old green bottled polo edt
- Musk - this one is orange and smells terrible to my nose

What do the American and European ones smell like?

0 115
 09-15-2016, 11:46 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
They are different versions of Ice Blue. The same with the Spanish.

49 2,017
 09-22-2016, 03:10 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Here is the Spanish version. The glass bottle is pretty awesome, it has a very nice vintage look that I like. The scent is identical to the European I think, but I have to use it to confirm that.

[Image: 84003f698d4164f14fcd7b6e5a95530d.jpg]

[Image: 1bb87977907570a741067ba943da1765.jpg]

49 2,017
 09-22-2016, 05:20 AM
  • Doc
  • Paris
User Info
Yes, the spanish version is the same than the european, only different bottle.

1 208
 09-22-2016, 06:29 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(09-15-2016, 10:32 AM)Nuki Man Wrote: - Ice Sport - kind of like floid blue with leather and citrus

Ice Sport is my favorite! Smells a little like Cool Water to me Biggrin

34 1,627
 09-23-2016, 08:57 AM
User Info
I love Aqua Velva ... Whenever I use it, I wonder why I ever use anything else? 

Never tried other versions of the blue, but I do have a small bottle of Ice Sport from many years ago .. I didn't realize it could still be had, so i'll have to pick some up!  Great stuff!

0 335
 09-28-2016, 07:53 AM
User Info
That vintage barbers above is the BEST AV I have used and I have used the European versions, US and vintage US -- that large bottle is more freezing and just smells amazing! I grabbed two bottles and use it almost daily! Love AV!!!

102 1,540
 09-28-2016, 08:55 AM
User Info
I have the AV ice blue. Great stuff! I added a couple menthol crystals to kick it up a notch. Use it weekly.

148 3,595
 09-28-2016, 09:35 AM
  • JRRIII
  • Blossoming Addict
  • East Coast
User Info
I just got a bottle of the AV Musk (usa) and it smell pretty good and the scent stayed on me for what seemed like more than a few hours. I don't think it smells as good as the regular blue version but it does smell like AV still

8 516
 10-02-2016, 06:14 PM
User Info
I recently purchased the Spanish AV, and love it. It's not as harsh, or bracing as I expected it to be, and reading the ingredient list, I'm surprised at some of the healing properties in it. I've read that the Spanish/European versions of AV is not as bracing and strong as the US versions. I haven't had the chance to try the US version of AV, but I'd like to try the Musk version.

0 7
 11-30-2017, 01:39 PM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
Lately I am using the Aqua Velva more often than any other lotion. I really like the scent, it's very pleasant. It always reminds me of my first days in this hobby. A true classic. It does the job really well. It's dirty cheap and can be found easily. What else do I need? Wink

49 2,017