04-13-2017, 10:12 AM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(04-07-2017, 04:39 AM)Steelman Wrote:
(04-07-2017, 02:55 AM)Quando Wrote: My second adoptive mother was taken from me that day.  She worked in the South Tower.  She made it out, but, was killed by an FDNY medic.  He was later charged with murder, as he was a blood relative of one of the hosts/sponsors of one of the hijackers.

I'm very sorry to hear that. My condolences to you & your family. 

There were MANY people across the country affected by that attack. It's amazing ...not just New Yorkers. I meet people from all over the country who have been affected. 

Speaking personally, not only did I lose my best friend....I lost 23 classmates. I went to school at Xaverian High School in Brooklyn. Many graduates worked in the towers. Some were FDNY & NYPD. 

16 years later....I can still smell ground zero. 

My 12 year old daughter snapped this pic on her iPhone while I was driving. I tear up everytime I drive by. 

[Image: QsZYlYW.jpg]

I am sorry to hear that.  I lost a few uncles, cousins, and, friends, & fraternity brothers, that day, as well.  But, loosing the woman who loved me, as a mother, was the worst.  I shall never be able to forgive those responsible.

1 515
 06-01-2017, 04:21 PM
User Info
Just found this thread.....
How quickly we forget; I put it up on the Department White Board slide every 9/11 and mostly the reaction is "yeah that's right, it was today".
What I remember most about that morning is picking up my office phone only to hear my 25 year old son say "Dad we're under attack" nothing more nothing less. Times like this I can still hear the disbelief in his voice. 
I was in NYC that Christmas Eve, just 10 weeks after the attack. I've never felt anything so eerie, desolate, and overwhelmingly sad. I saw combat in Southeast Asia and lost many friends and comrades; however that Christmas Eve at Ground Zero was easily a more intense experience than visiting The Wall in DC. I have photos of that day; if anyone is interested, I'll locate them and post them here.

NEVER FORGET !!

Ron

0 147
 06-04-2017, 05:27 PM
  • Quando
  • Somewhere far-away, from Home
User Info
(06-01-2017, 04:21 PM)RetroRon Wrote: Just found this thread.....
How quickly we forget; I put it up on the Department White Board slide every 9/11 and mostly the reaction is "yeah that's right, it was today".
What I remember most about that morning is picking up my office phone only to hear my 25 year old son say "Dad we're under attack" nothing more nothing less. Times like this I can still hear the disbelief in his voice. 
I was in NYC that Christmas Eve, just 10 weeks after the attack. I've never felt anything so eerie, desolate, and overwhelmingly sad. I saw combat in Southeast Asia and lost many friends and comrades; however that Christmas Eve at Ground Zero was easily a more intense experience than visiting The Wall in DC. I have photos of that day; if anyone is interested, I'll locate them and post them here.

NEVER FORGET !!

Ron

Please do.

1 515