08-03-2012, 09:46 PM
User Info
I think Omega and Proraso shaving soaps are supposed to be identical except for the packaging. I just picked up a tub of Omega soap in a redesigned tub, and to me, it doesn't smell exactly like Proraso soap, though I'm basing this on a tub of Proraso I had years ago. Seems more subtle. Plus the texture is different; it's more like a thicker Taylor vs. the drier Proraso soap I remember. And it doesn't have the rings that it used to (ripples when it's poured in); this one's smooth on top like a jar of cake frosting.

Has Proraso soap been reformulated? Or is my memory off? (At my age, it could be either!)

Dave

7 138
 08-03-2012, 09:51 PM
  • Teiste
  • Moderator Emeritus
  • Salt Lake City,UT
User Info
Dave :

for what I understand,Omega soap is not longer made by Ludovico Martelli (the factory behind Proraso/Santa Maria La Novella) so the new Omega shaving soap and the new Proraso shaving soap arent the same product,as they used to be.
New Omega shaving soap has a different formulation than the new Proraso shaving soap.
Maybe Joe could bring more info to this.

86 7,123
 08-03-2012, 10:09 PM
User Info
All the Proraso products have been reformulated. Omega products don't contain any menthol, which is different from the Proraso shaving cream line which contains both, Eucalyptus Oil and Menthol. Omega's soaps have coconut and eucalyptus oil instead.

0 35
 08-04-2012, 12:10 AM
User Info
Thanks, guys. That explains the subtle scent and no cooling. Ah, too bad. Maybe I can arrange a trade for the green tub or do a PIF.

Dave

7 138