09-12-2016, 06:14 PM
User Info
Hello Ive been shaving with  DE's for about 3-4 months now, looking to try some straights. I had my first shave with a Weck sextoblade the other day , unfortunately my face did not agree with that shave. Im wanting to either purchase a CJB or feather ac non-folder with feather blade. Id like to purchase or trade for my Weck Sextoblade. 

If anyone has tried both these straights, id like your recommendations on how they perform. Ive heard the CJB performs just as well as the Feather AC, if so then id prefer the CJB before i consider purchasing the Feather, I'm on a tight budget right now.

Thanks in advance for all the recommendations.

2 7
 09-12-2016, 06:22 PM
User Info
I've tried the non-folding Feather AC, but then I bought the folding version.  I've heard the quality of the CJB isn't as high as the Feather, but I hear it's pretty good.  I've considered buying the non-folding version, and will buy the CJB because of the price.

0 30
 09-12-2016, 06:27 PM
User Info
(09-12-2016, 06:22 PM)AZBronco Wrote: I've tried the non-folding Feather AC, but then I bought the folding version.  I've heard the quality of the CJB isn't as high as the Feather, but I hear it's pretty good.  I've considered buying the non-folding version, and will buy the CJB because of the price.What 
What was your impression of the non-folder? Easy/ hard to shave with? Which did you like best, folder/Non-folder?  Thanks

2 7
 09-12-2016, 06:44 PM
User Info
I found the non-folder pretty easy to use, and kind of wish I had purchased it first.  For me it came down to just wanting the "traditional folding straight" feel.  I think I had a little better control with the non-folder, though.  I found the non-folder way simpler to use on the neck, chin, and jawline.

0 30
 09-13-2016, 06:01 AM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
I used the Feather non- folding for about a year.  I liked it quite a bit and regret selling it.  The blades they use are great, and now I'm using a SE razor that uses the same blades.

12 323
 09-13-2016, 07:08 AM
User Info
I used the Feather on one of Michael's tours. I got a CJB as a gift last year. I'm hard put to detect the difference and view the CJB as a good value.

8 917
 09-13-2016, 08:28 AM
  • Snuff
  • Belgium
User Info
small budget = CJB, if you don't like it not much money lost. I have both folders and non folding Feather DX, Kai and a few others and the CJB shaves great, it's only the build quality thats different.

28 1,442
 10-02-2016, 01:08 PM
  • iShave
  • Calgary
User Info
I have the non folding feather ss, it looks really cool and when people see it in the bathroom they always bring it up, it's almost worth keeping just for the attention it gets, but I prefer DE and I'm going to likely let the feather go in trade or sell soon. With feather sharpest blades I couldn't get a shave in at all cause it would cut me up but the pro guards work pretty good.

2 464