09-13-2016, 04:37 AM
User Info
Paul from Connaught Shaving has the i Coloniali Mango Oil Shaving Soap as discontinued (both the refills and the terracotta bowl). Looks like Phil was right (the refills would be discontinued) and wrong also (the terracotta bowl would still be manufactured). Shame. as it is one of my favorites. I hope I am wrong.

0 130
 09-13-2016, 04:43 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
If true this is horrible news indeed -- I am a huge fan of this soap and it looks like I might need to stock up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

34 1,628
 09-13-2016, 05:21 AM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
I just went to I Coloniali's site and several of their shaving products are missing.

61 507
 09-13-2016, 05:49 AM
User Info
This isn't good news, if it's true.  

I am about finished with my first puck of I Coloniali, which I got for my birthday last November.  I really like this soap a lot.

2 1,460
 09-13-2016, 05:51 AM
  • nikos.a
  • Athens, Greece
User Info
(09-13-2016, 05:21 AM)gp569900 Wrote: I just went to I Coloniali's site and several of their shaving products are missing.
But the shaving foam, the shaving gel and their brushless is still there...

It's true, Paul was an official retailer. Probably he tried to make an order from them and heard the disappointing news.

It's a great performing soap with an amazing scent. It will be missed. But, there are plenty of soaps I like, I don't think I will stock up, I don't see why to. Mine has a few uses. I don't know if I will ever finish it.

49 1,996
 09-13-2016, 06:01 AM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
I noticed that they still have the Rhubarb Aftershave but the Hydro-Repairing Aftershave is now gone.  You can still get it at various stores.  I prefer the Rhubarb over the Hydro and its cheaper.  But, it is a bit disappointing to see these fantastic products disappear.

61 507
 09-13-2016, 06:30 AM
  • Devilanche
  • Singapore (CONUS post address)
User Info
Wow. Such a good product. Pity that it's gone. Gone one in use and a spare.

10 376
 09-13-2016, 08:06 AM
  • blzrfn
  • Butterscotch Bandit
  • Vancouver USA
User Info
I have been enjoying my I Coloniali soap this week, coincidentally.  However, I am not a big fan of mentholated soaps and with RazoRock SMdF I will have my bases covered.  Now if it is still around when I run out of both SMdF and my remaining I Coloniali I might be tempted to order another due to it's apparent demise.

[Image: cnhepOZ.jpg]

144 2,752
 09-13-2016, 09:22 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
I wonder if this means a possible reformulation is in the works, or if this product's life is truly at an end.... Sad

In all cases, this soap has always been a superior performer in my den--it NEVER gave me a bad shave in any circumstance.  Definitely underrated on the forums--talk will occasionally spike interest but it seems to die down quickly.  My remaining puck is getting low so I may just order a few extra refills, as it will certainly not go to waste.  I believe Phil still has them in stock Biggrin

34 1,628
 09-13-2016, 11:30 AM
  • bullgoose
  • The Enabler
  • Redondo Beach, California, U.S.A
User Info
(09-13-2016, 09:22 AM)Giorgio Wrote: I wonder if this means a possible reformulation is in the works, or if this product's life is truly at an end.... Sad

In all cases, this soap has always been a superior performer in my den--it NEVER gave me a bad shave in any circumstance.  Definitely underrated on the forums--talk will occasionally spike interest but it seems to die down quickly.  My remaining puck is getting low so I may just order a few extra refills, as it will certainly not go to waste.  I believe Phil still has them in stock Biggrin
My understanding is that the entire shaving line has been discontinued. I still have a fair amount of the soap but am very low on the aftershaves

46 18,353
 09-13-2016, 11:33 AM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(09-13-2016, 11:30 AM)bullgoose Wrote: My understanding is that the entire shaving line has been discontinued. I still have a fair amount of the soap but am very low on the aftershaves

Thanks for your input Phil!  That is truly a shame....I guess they are not very profitable for them Sad

Glad you still have the soap in stock...gives all of us who love the stuff a last chance to stock up Biggrin

34 1,628
 09-13-2016, 11:41 AM
  • TheMonk
  • Super Moderator
  • Porto, Portugal
User Info
That's very sad news indeed, the shaving soap, cream and balm are all just wonderful.

26 4,928
 09-13-2016, 12:03 PM
  • gp569900
  • Franklin, TN USA
User Info
(09-13-2016, 11:30 AM)bullgoose Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 09:22 AM)Giorgio Wrote: I wonder if this means a possible reformulation is in the works, or if this product's life is truly at an end.... Sad

My understanding is that the entire shaving line has been discontinued. I still have a fair amount of the soap but am very low on the aftershaves

I guess that means I need to get a few more aftershaves.  That has been a staple in my nook.

61 507
 09-13-2016, 12:27 PM
  • RSP1
  • Western NY
User Info
(09-13-2016, 12:03 PM)gp569900 Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 11:30 AM)bullgoose Wrote:

I guess that means I need to get a few more aftershaves.  That has been a staple in my nook.

And I should grab some to try....

12 323
 09-13-2016, 04:44 PM
User Info
(09-13-2016, 04:43 AM)Giorgio Wrote: If true this is horrible news indeed -- I am a huge fan of this soap and it looks like I might need to stock up

What!!!!?????? This can't be true!

20 371
 09-13-2016, 04:45 PM
User Info
(09-13-2016, 05:51 AM)nikos.a Wrote:
(09-13-2016, 05:21 AM)gp569900 Wrote: I just went to I Coloniali's site and several of their shaving products are missing.
But the shaving foam, the shaving gel and their brushless is still there...

It's true, Paul was an official retailer. Probably he tried to make an order from them and heard the disappointing news.

It's a great performing soap with an amazing scent. It will be missed. But, there are plenty of soaps I like, I don't think I will stock up, I don't see why to. Mine has a few uses. I don't know if I will ever finish it.
I too have soaps that I like a lot (XPEC,SMN,ADP,MDC,MWF, Czech & Speake,Alvarez Gomez, Tabac, etc.,). However, of all the soaps that I have, not a one has the combination of price, performance, scent, presentation and postshve of I Coloniali. XPEC doesn't have the presentation and it is pricey. The same can be said for SMN too. ADP is pricier still and the scent of the new version is practically non-existent. MWF has everything except for the scent - smells like soap. MDC is pricey and comes in plastic now. Czech & Speake is also pricey (I paid $300 for the two soaps with the aluminium containers) and the scent of both 88 and Cambridge are not as nice. Tabac doesn't have the postshave nor the scent of I Coloniali.

0 130
 09-13-2016, 04:52 PM
  • eengler
  • Administrator
  • South Dakota, USA
User Info
I'm shaving with it tonight just to see if I need a refillSmile

59 4,495
 09-13-2016, 04:53 PM
User Info
I grabbed a refill. Anyone have opinions on the aftershaves? Seems there's a few options. Pricey......:

20 371
 09-13-2016, 05:01 PM
  • Giorgio
  • Pennsylvania, US
User Info
(09-13-2016, 04:53 PM)Mitchcumsteen Wrote: I grabbed a refill. Anyone have opinions on the aftershaves? Seems there's a few options. Pricey......:

I had the rhubarb aftershave emulsion and it was excellent...scent matched the soap. I sold it for some reason in one of my den clearings and always regretted it. I am interested in picking up the hydro repairing AS now... I also have the deodorant and, while not directly shave-related, it is one of my favorites

34 1,628
 09-13-2016, 05:10 PM
User Info
A shame. My best performing soap among the 350-400 soaps I have owned
Own one 10 time used soap and one backup. Will not buy extra. Too many other great soaps out there. But will miss it once it's gone.

24 5,966